IE 60 or SE215 or Ostry KC06(a)
Nov 27, 2014 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Miroxter

New Head-Fier
Hello!

First time actually writing on the forum... so I hope that this is in the right place :)

So, I'm looking to buy an early xmas present for my self 
biggrin.gif

I have found 3 IEM's that I like. Mostly because they are "the wrap around the ear" kind.

Some background for you guys of my music taste: I like metal, progressive metal, some rap, rock. My favorite "bands" are Animals as Leader, Rammstein, Mastodon and Ayreon. I also like vocal music or just acoustic guitar or piano music.

1. Shure SE215-K
  1. Pros
    1. They have those comfy looking foam pads that I like already in the box.
    2. Removable cable. It also looks pretty durable.
    3. Great reviews online.
  2. Cons
    1. Some say there is some noise transferred by "friction" (clothes etc. rubbing against the cable) on the cable in to ears.
  3. Price: 99€

2. Sennheiser IE 60
  1. Pros
    1. Sennheiser (yes. I do like the brand)
    2. Also great reviews.
    3. The case that comes with it is amazing looking.
  2. Cons
    1. The cable looks like a cable from a cheap ear buds.
  3. Price: 134€

3. Ostry KC06 or KC06A
  1. Pros
    1. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.
    2. Bang for the buck according to the reviews.
    3. I like the look and the metal contruction.
  2. Cons
    1. China so... hard to get.
  3. Price: 45€

4. Beats urBeats
  1. Pros
    1. It has the cool logo that everyone wants
  2. Cons
    1. Awful
    2. Awful
    3. Awful
    4. NO

I'd like for the experts on this forum to explain to me what are the main differences between these models, also how does their technologies differentiate from each other?
Are the IE60's worth it, since I could get both the SE215 and the KC06 combined for almost the same price? Be free to open my mind to some other IEM's :)!

Thanks in advance!

PS. This would be my first "studio" grade audio purchace, since I use in-ears a lot, I thought that I'd start with those. Next I will be buying an amp (maybe ODAC, with the amp) and some over the ears earphones ( such as Ath-M50, DT770 etc.)

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello!

First time actually writing on the forum... so I hope that this is in the right place :)

So, I'm looking to buy an early xmas present for my self :D
I have found 3 IEM's that I like. Mostly because they are "the wrap around the ear" kind.

Some background for you guys of my music taste: I like metal, progressive metal, some rap, rock. My favorite "bands" are Animals as Leader, Rammstein, Mastodon and Ayreon. I also like vocal music or just acoustic guitar or piano music.

1. Shure SE215-K
  • Pros
    • They have those comfy looking foam pads that I like already in the box.
    • Removable cable. It also looks pretty durable.
    • Great reviews online.
  • Cons
    • Some say there is some noise transferred by "friction" (clothes etc. rubbing against the cable) on the cable in to ears.
  • Price: 99€

2. Sennheiser IE 60
  • Pros
    • Sennheiser (yes. I do like the brand)
    • Also great reviews.
    • The case that comes with it is amazing looking.
  • Cons
    • The cable looks like a cable from a cheap ear buds.
  • Price: 134€

3. Ostry KC06 or KC06A
  • Pros
    • Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.
    • Bang for the buck according to the reviews.
    • I like the look and the metal contruction.
  • Cons
    • China so... hard to get.
  • Price: 45€

4. Beats urBeats
  • Pros
    • It has the cool logo that everyone wants
  • Cons
    • Awful
    • Awful
    • Awful
    • NO

I'd like for the experts on this forum to explain to me what are the main differences between these models, also how does their technologies differentiate from each other?
Are the IE60's worth it, since I could get both the SE215 and the KC06 combined for almost the same price? Be free to open my mind to some other IEM's :)!

Thanks in advance!

PS. This would be my first "studio" grade audio purchace, since I use in-ears a lot, I thought that I'd start with those. Next I will be buying an amp (maybe ODAC, with the amp) and some over the ears earphones ( such as Ath-M50, DT770 etc.)

What kind of sound are you looking for?
What headphones have you tried any liked in the past?

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi,
I'm looking for a clear sound, I think the audio term is clarity (correct me if I'm wrong), tight bass, I'm not a real bass head, but I do like tight and accurate bass. Detailed mids and good treble but not ear breaking highs
biggrin.gif
. So yeah, I'd like to hear what I'm supposed to hear. If you understand what I mean :)

I've got some Ultimate Ears 400vi's as earbuds and Sony MDR-XB400's as on-ears that I kinda like, but I think the UE 400vi's lack some mids and have a little "slippy" bass. The Sony ones are kinda ok, but they do sound kinda muffled, since they are bass oriented headphones.
What kind of sound are you looking for?
What headphones have you tried any liked in the past?

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi,
I'm looking for a clear sound, I think the audio term is clarity (correct me if I'm wrong), tight bass, I'm not a real bass head, but I do like tight and accurate bass. Detailed mids and good treble but not ear breaking highs:D . So yeah, I'd like to hear what I'm supposed to hear. If you understand what I mean :)

I've got some Ultimate Ears 400vi's as earbuds and Sony MDR-XB400's as on-ears that I kinda like, but I think the UE 400vi's lack some mids and have a little "slippy" bass. The Sony ones are kinda ok, but they do sound kinda muffled, since they are bass oriented headphones.

I think you'd like some warm all rounders:
Shure se215
Rha ma750 (dethroned the se215 on innerfidelity's wall of fame but the isolation on the se215 may be useful)
Ttpod t1e

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 6
I think you'd like some warm all rounders:
Shure se215
Rha ma750 (dethroned the se215 on innerfidelity's wall of fame but the isolation on the se215 may be useful)
Ttpod t1e

Wow, those RHA ma750's look amazing, sadly I can't find them anywhere else than on amazon. I live in Finland so shipping from amazon has always been a hassle. I think I'll just buy the SE215's then... or get some local business to order the RHA's for me 
biggrin.gif
 Thanks!

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Wow, those RHA ma750's look amazing, sadly I can't find them anywhere else than on amazon. I live in Finland so shipping from amazon has always been a hassle. I think I'll just buy the SE215's then... or get some local business to order the RHA's for me :D  Thanks!

Be sure to leave your impressions here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back