Idea for buying ipod?
Dec 5, 2004 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

elliot

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anybody here had done that free ipods thing. I don't have any kind of portable music player, and I was thinking that if I offered to pay people $5 if they signed up for a credit card or something like that under me for the free ipods thing, then essentially, I could get an ipod at a significantly discounted price. Does anyone think this might work?

Dec 5, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 9
First, people on here aren't too fond of the free ipod deal.

Second, I tried it, and I couldn't get anybody to sign up so I could get a freebie. Hell, I tried paying people I knew personally, and I couldn't get enough interest.

My suggestion... Save up your money, get a good dap whether its' ipod, karma, etc.....

Good luck
-Jeff

Dec 6, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffS
First, people on here aren't too fond of the free ipod deal.

Second, I tried it, and I couldn't get anybody to sign up so I could get a freebie. Hell, I tried paying people I knew personally, and I couldn't get enough interest.

My suggestion... Save up your money, get a good dap whether its' ipod, karma, etc.....

Good luck
-Jeff

I tried it too, and I got something like 8 people signed up under me, but only one completed the requirements, but I was thinking paying people might work better. When you tried to pay people, what did you tell them or what did you do? I probably need 3 more because my brother said he will sign up when I only need one more.

Dec 6, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by isp
What kind of requirements do they have to fufill for it to count?

people have to sign up for some kind of services like blockbuster, or the new york times, or buy some stuff like ink for your printer, or the easiest would be to sign up for a credit card or something. I don't think its that hard but it seems hard to get people to do it.

Dec 6, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 9
i had a bad one. i tried signing up to aol free trial from free ipod website. after i signed up they didnt even acknowledge it. then i had to call up to try to cancel aol, it took me twice to do it. dealing with those aol people is obnoxious and the most pain the f#$%#$% !#4 ever. they literally have no respect. when they call again to get me to sign up for the trial again i was going to hang up, but the guy was literally signing me up without my consign. so i had to yell at them so then he stopped.

after you sign up for one of these g** service, then you have to refer to 5 peoples. so its no all easy.

Dec 6, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 9
When I tried to pay/bribe people to do this... I offered $10 to signup and complete a requirement. They would get money once the requirement displayed a completed on the freeipod site. These were people I knew personally and saw regularly so there wan't a question of getting the money or not. It was mostly the fact that nobody want to be bothered with it, and they were afraid of getting more spam. Also anything that had a CC# involved, even if it was from a reputable company, the would run for the hills.

Nobody wants to help their neighbor get a free lunch anymore
wink.gif

Now I'm saving my pennys for the Sony NW-HD3
icon10.gif

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back