iDAC2. Calling 5 Head-Fi'ers. A litte surprise. (page 37)
Aug 22, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #511 of 781
Upgrade your iFi (AMR) HD + USB Audio driver.

http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/data/driver/iFi%20(by%20AMR)%20HD%20USB%20Audio%20Driver%20-%20for%20installation%20-%202.23.exe

Edit: uninstall the old version 2.20 first.

The Nano iDSD is connected to a MacBook with Audirvana+, so no driver requierd. I appreciate the help though.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #514 of 781
Thanks. I want something natural and velvet smooth. Or warm as i think my DacMagic is sometimes "harsh" or a bit bright. 

Is it better than DacMagic? Sound quality wise?

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #515 of 781
  Thanks. I want something natural and velvet smooth. Or warm as i think my DacMagic is sometimes "harsh" or a bit bright. 

Is it better than DacMagic? Sound quality wise?

Never got to try the DACmagic but the DAC2 is very analog and smooth to my ears. Treble is very well extended but smooth, this is what caught my attention the first time I audition to them at my local dealer. It managed to drive big cans like HD800 and LCD3 well without ever running out of juice, tracks after tracks I tried without realizing I actually sat there listening for a straight 3hrs....
o2smile.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #516 of 781
The iDAC2 sounds quite natural and velvet smooth, slightly warm

the DAC2 is very analog and smooth to my ears.

Is the DAC section (not the headamp) as extended in the treble as, say, your typical Sabre DAC?   My active speakers are slightly warm, so I need to be careful with matching.  Currenty using a Hifimediy Sabre U2 async and I find the top end quantity about right. I guess the only way is to try the iDAC2 for myself.
regular_smile .gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #518 of 781
The iDAC used the ESS and it struggled to tame that. I bought a used Geek and while larry did an ok job, he didnt tame the brightness of the ESS. The BB treble is not etched or sibliance. If you like that,you should go for Sabre.

You in england right? go for it and try my bro. Post your findings here as we all like to share our experiences here

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #519 of 781

Is the DAC section (not the headamp) as extended in the treble as, say, your typical Sabre DAC?   My active speakers are slightly warm, so I need to be careful with matching.  Currenty using a Hifimediy Sabre U2 async and I find the top end quantity about right. I guess the only way is to try the iDAC2 for myself.
regular_smile%20.gif

Anyway I don't think we can compare based purely on DAC chip used as the implementation can make similar DAC chips sound different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back