id3 tags
Feb 11, 2005 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jnev

100+ Head-Fier
i recently got a cd that had songs from different albums on it (it's all legal, don't worry), the problem is, that none of my software recognizes the id3 tags on the songs, and i don't know the names of each song. is there any quality piece of software that can do this for me if wmp or creative mediasource can't?

thanks.

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 12
Feb 11, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 12
Sorry, that does not compute. How can you have a CD and know that it's a mix or various-artists CD yet not know the tracks on it?

A CD-R of MP3 files is illegal unless you own the CDs from which the MP3 files were made, so I fail to see how anything here is legal...

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 12
my friend bought some songs online and then he burned me a cd of them. it clearly says that you can share the songs on 3 computers.

thanks for the foobar link. unfortunatly it does not do what i need it to do.

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 12
wouldn't the easiest thing be to ask your friend? is this an audio cd or data? if its audio then it'll be hard to get the info. if its data then go by the file names? or nearly any program should recognize unless it doesn't have any of the info.

Also, 'technically' this is probably illegal since when services say it can be on three computers they mean the same owner not three people with three different computers. I'm sure they put that fact in somewhere in the fine print

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 12
i guess i'll have to ask him then... i was just hoping that there was a program that i could use for future referance.

and sry for me taking the music, i just saw that it said 3 comps and didn't really think about it...
rolleyes.gif

thanks anyways.

Feb 12, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 12
If you have all the tracks on a CD, then Media Tagger (mentioned above) will generate a "signature" for the CD and compare it to the ones in freedb.org. Essentially, it will retrieve the matches for you, and you can save them directly to the songs' ID3 tags. Getting it to work might require a few mins of learning...

Feb 13, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 12
This isn't exactly about ID3 tags, but

How can you change the 'tags' of FLAC files?

Feb 13, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #12 of 12
Media Tagger does FLAC. That's what it says on the page, although I've only used it to edit APE and MP3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back