I'd Like To Ask A Favor
Dec 31, 2007 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

swt61

Dr. Wood
I sincerely hope everyone has a great time tonight bringing in 2008.
I would however like to ask that if you're going to be drinking please secure a designated driver, or call a cab. I know that a lot of us think we're fine to drive, but that's not only a bad idea, it can have devastating consequences. Please make arrangements before you leave home, and stick to them. I want everyone around to enjoy 2008.

God Bless and have fun!

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 14
There was me all ready to step out to help Steve out for a personal favour.

This one though, I can do without stepping outside at all.

Hope you've all had a magic new years. I've had great fun.

biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 14
Absolutely - there are simply no excuses! For those of us living in cities, I know that in many major metropolitan areas (Toronto included), corporations have been stepping up with donations to keep the transit systems running all night - some even going so far as to pay for the services so we can ride for free.

May not be pretty riding the vomit comet, but it beats the hell out of getting killed - or killing someone else.

Oh, and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! I'll be nursing a hangover for the next week, I wager.

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #10 of 14
No problem - I'm at home, doing laundry. I NEVER get out on new year's eve. Bad scene.

Laz

Jan 1, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 14
No way anybody's driving here. Less than 10 meters visibility!!! One of the thickest fogs I've ever seen. Fireworks wasn't much fun
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back