I'd be thankful for a mic preamp recommendation.
Aug 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xquisit

New Head-Fier
I just picked up a Samson C0S/SR850 pak for $40 and shortly learned the microphone requires phantom power. I only purchased this pack to use it for FPS gaming, and I was told the condenser microphone will pick up my audable cherry-mx switches and loud desktop fans very easy while gaming.

I have always had a passion for music and always enjoyed free styling vocals over hip-hop instrumentals. I am hoping to make my own beats and start writing lyrics. So would you folks mind helping me get my XLR microphone to work with my desktop PC?

My budget was $50, and I was set on purchasing an M-Audio Buddy; Down the road, I found out my microphone requires 38-51v phantom power & wanted a more quality unit with hopes of doubling my budget.

I found two deals so far:

A brand new Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 @ $109 USD with free shipping

A used Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 @ $100 USD with free shipping

Which would be the best option? I don't know the difference between the two and how the inputs can benefit me in various situations. Thanks for reading and it would be heavily appreciated if you chimed in.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Bought the 2i2 looking forward to using it with win7 64bit and Pro tools, and I've read some forum posts with huge issues... So I have some troubleshooting techniques already handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back