iCustoms - The Worst Idea Ever?
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Hydrocharged

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music-products/personal-listening/universal-fit-personal-listening

I've tried to think of the reason behind this...but I can't. And, it is made by Westone. Wow...

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 27
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 27
I dont see why anyone would want to do that with apple earbuds. Yuin pk1's on the other hand...
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 27
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=Whoomp!-Earbud-Enhancers/

Comply has these foam adaptors that are likely much cheaper and mostly do the same thing. Might be worth it to try them out to see if they make any improvement before committing to the westones/acs molds. I would assume that the added isolation alone of these adaptors improve the sound and specifically the bass of ibuds.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 27
I dare say most $30 IEM's would sound better than ibuds with the iCustoms.

Quote:
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=Whoomp!-Earbud-Enhancers/

Comply has these foam adaptors that are likely much cheaper and mostly do the same thing. Might be worth it to try them out to see if they make any improvement before committing to the westones/acs molds. I would assume that the added isolation alone of these adaptors improve the sound and specifically the bass of ibuds.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 27
Your statement is just stupid, forgive my choice of words... Can you tell me the difference between an IEM using UM56 compared to a earbud using the iCustom, or a IEM using comply tips compared to a earbud using the comply foams?
Quote:
No doubt about it but some people prefer earbuds to iems, and im just making sure someone makes a $30 mistake instead of a $150 one

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 27

Quote:
No doubt about it but some people prefer earbuds to iems, and im just making sure someone makes a $10 mistake instead of a $150 one

when you get a custom fit earpiece, it becomes a IEM

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 27
On a good pair of earbuds like Sennheiser's high end lineup or the Yuin PK or OK series, that might actually be good.

On iBuds? You might as well be putting a diamond on a turd.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #15 of 27
Darknessproz: I'm not disagreeing with you. I should have explained myself more cleary but I'm only on my phone so pardon the brevity. I doubt any of the adaptors can reach the level of even a good budget iem. I was just saving it might be better to get cheaper comply version (which I originally posted as$30 then researched and saw they where $10 and edited my post) and be disappointed as opposed to the $150 for the Icustoms. But I'll keep my stupid thoughts to myself from now on.

Buffalo wings: I guess youre right they would be iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back