icon mobile doesn't cut it, need something far better
Mar 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

enemigo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I got the Nuforce Icon Mobile assuming it would be a decent step up from running off the jack out on my HP laptop. It wasn't the step I hoped it would be.

I'm not using the amp much while on the move, but I travel a bit and need something that's easy to cary around in my laptop bag. I've been looking at the iBasso D10. For now it will power my Shure SRH840, but who knows what it will power in the future.

As I'm using a laptop I assume the amp should have a built in dac. Seems I have no sdpif out on my computer so i'm stuck with usb. I'm hoping to get something portable, but if the SQ isn't a huge step up from the Icon Mobile then I'll look into small home amps. The Beresford Caiman could be an option.

So, what dou you reccommend? Could the iBasso D10 be enough?

Thanks
Knut

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 3
You must have a pretty good soundcard in that HP not to notice much of an improvement. My Icon Mobile was a big improvement over my Acer's soundcard. The DAC is good enough that it doesn't make me go running back to my home set-up and it drives my D2000s effortlessly. FWIR, the D10 will be a much bigger step up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back