Icon Mobile battery issues
Mar 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RASeymour

500+ Head-Fier
My Icon Mobile amp only lasts about 3 or 4 hours on a full charge (at least 3 hours). NuForce has been great with helping me with this problem, they've replaced both the amp and the NE-8 earphones
bigsmile_face.gif
. But, I still have problems, so I thought I'd send it out to HiFi for suggestions.

I'm using a Fuze with a short interconnect I bought from HeadRoom. I'm diligent about unplugging the earphones. I don't turn up the volume high and listen mostly to mp3's. I also turn off the Fuze when I'm not using it (although I don't think the Fuze has any standby function). Fuze battery life is normal.

When I burned in the amp and earphones, connected to my stereo, battery life was fine, at least thirteen hours.

Sound is still great. If the sound wasn't there, I'd be tempted to just get a different set up.

I'm going to try some different interconnects as that is the only thing left. Do I unplug the interconnect when no in use? Is that draining the battery in some way (NuForce says no, btw). Any suggestions or solutions?

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 3
For what it's worth, I tried swapping out the interconnects. Still had the battery drain issue. It must be something with the Fuze draining some power out of the amp while plugged in.

I'm trying it with my iBasso T4 to see if I still have the problem.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 3
The mystery continues. I swapped out the Icon for my T4. No battery drain problems. Thought it may be something with the Fuze headphone jack, but apparently not.

Oh well. It did show me that I like the T4 better than the Icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back