iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Jul 31, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #466 of 600
  Is it normal for the iCAN SE to be warmer than room temperature? (I would say about 40-ish celsius?)
It is very warm as compared to my iDAC2 but still a lot less warmer than my desktop hard disks.

It is normal, but there is nothing to worry about, as I've used it for various tasks in differing environments, and I haven't run into any thermal issues.

Enjoy your awesome amp! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #467 of 600
Hi

I would like to share my thoughts about this amps quality. When I got the amp, I noticed that there is something wrong in channel balance, right channel was more quieter than left. Well, I got the new one from the reseller and everything was fine for a while. Then iPower went dead and I had to write again to reseller, who kindly sent new iPower for me. This all has happened about in 3 months time.

At the moment amp works just fine and sound quality is good. So, my point is, that I’m not convinced about amp’s build quality. Or was I just very unlucky… Time will tell how long amp works until it will be broken again.

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #468 of 600
  Hi

I would like to share my thoughts about this amps quality. When I got the amp, I noticed that there is something wrong in channel balance, right channel was more quieter than left. Well, I got the new one from the reseller and everything was fine for a while. Then iPower went dead and I had to write again to reseller, who kindly sent new iPower for me. This all has happened about in 3 months time.

At the moment amp works just fine and sound quality is good. So, my point is, that I’m not convinced about amp’s build quality. Or was I just very unlucky… Time will tell how long amp works until it will be broken again.

Based on how many iFi users impressions and threads I have read over the years here, and you may be the first such case I know of, I would say you are unlucky. Hopefully this will not continue to be an issue for you. Let us know how things work out.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #469 of 600
Indeed, I haven’t got any feedback what was wrong in the faulty ican SE unit. Reseller told that they will send it to the England for the checkup.

It would be nice to know, what the forum members think about, how reliable ifi products are. How about a poll for that?

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #470 of 600
  Indeed, I haven’t got any feedback what was wrong in the faulty ican SE unit. Reseller told that they will send it to the England for the checkup.

It would be nice to know, what the forum members think about, how reliable ifi products are. How about a poll for that?

Welcome to Head-Fi!

I'm not sure a poll matters to tell you the truth.  Why I say this is because iFi Audio's customer service is second to none.  If there is any issue with their product, they address it by taking care of the customer with kindness and commendable haste as well.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #471 of 600

I got my iDAC2 directly from a physical shop and had no problem. Other than the iCAN SE half a year later online and received a faulty one but it probably was the courier's fault since there are damages to the box everywhere.

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #473 of 600

you are new here, so people should cut you some slack but checkout the other threads as they make some like 20 products. overall i wouldnt join a forum and doubt what people say in 3 posts. just my two cents. peace man

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #474 of 600
Hello:

I own a MOJO and was thinking about getting another amp for my headphones.  I was looking at the IDSD then I read about ICAN SE? What is the difference? I know the IDSD has a DAC that colors the sound. I think I am reading that ICAN has TUBES that color there sound. Is this correct? Does the ICAN SE have a battery? Canh it play DSD fromm the Onkyo APP from my NOTE 4?  

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #475 of 600
  Hello:

I own a MOJO and was thinking about getting another amp for my headphones.  I was looking at the IDSD then I read about ICAN SE? What is the difference?
-The iDSD is a DAC/Amp combo. The DAC part supports 44Khz-192Khz as well as DSD files. The amp part uses the same technology as the iCAN, the only difference is the iCAN has 2 bass and 2 3D settings, whereas the iDSD has simply on/off.
I know the IDSD has a DAC that colors the sound. I think I am reading that ICAN has TUBES that color there sound. Is this correct?
- No, that is not correct. The iCAN SE has what is referred to as "Tube State Technology". Basically it is a solid-state Class A amplifier that produces a very analogue sound akin to tubes/valves. It does not colour the sound in any significant way.
Does the ICAN SE have a battery?
- No, it has a 15V wall-wart external PSU. The iDSD micro/nano uses a battery.
Can it play DSD fromm the Onkyo APP from my NOTE 4?  
- If you mean the iCAN SE, then yes, as long as your DAC supports it. If you are referring to the iDSD, yes also (hence the name).

Hope this helps. You could have also simply checked out iFi's webpage as all the relevant info is there.

beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #476 of 600
Not sure if I am unlucky or something, the first iCAN SE I got was faulty and have static noise when listening to it. Got a new one and was all good until less than 3 weeks later it can't be powered on anymore. Just wow.......

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #477 of 600
  Not sure if I am unlucky or something, the first iCAN SE I got was faulty and have static noise when listening to it. Got a new one and was all good until less than 3 weeks later it can't be powered on anymore. Just wow.......

Same problem I had. Static when I touched or turned the switched/knob. Got a replacement and the iPower dies like a week later. Like I said in my previous post(s), pretty sure the iPower 15V was to blame in the first incident (obviously the 2nd). I got my replacement iPower straight from the UK (finally, 3 weeks ago) and it works. However, much like the others, at higher volumes there is a noticeable oscillating hum; I still am using my 12V power brick as a result with the new iPower packed away. Funny thing it, I can't find any reports of the older iPowers acting the same way.

Remember folks, people only complain about what things go wrong for them. Nobody jumps on forums to report their unit is working 100% a-ok. That said, don't be discouraged from purchasing the iCAN micro SE, schiit happens. My iDAC is working flawlessly, and I am quite happy with both.

beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #478 of 600

Same problem I had. Static when I touched or turned the switched/knob. Got a replacement and the iPower dies like a week later. Like I said in my previous post(s), pretty sure the iPower 15V was to blame in the first incident (obviously the 2nd). I got my replacement iPower straight from the UK (finally, 3 weeks ago) and it works. However, much like the others, at higher volumes there is a noticeable oscillating hum; I still am using my 12V power brick as a result with the new iPower packed away. Funny thing it, I can't find any reports of the older iPowers acting the same way.

Remember folks, people only complain about what things go wrong for them. Nobody jumps on forums to report their unit is working 100% a-ok. That said, don't be discouraged from purchasing the iCAN micro SE, schiit happens. My iDAC is working flawlessly, and I am quite happy with both.

beerchug.gif

Same bro, I have just pin pointed the source of problem to be the iPower. My iDAC2 works flawlessly for 9 months without a single problem and I hope that once I got my replacement in the evening.

beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #480 of 600
Could anyone recommend a cable I can use to connect FiiO X7 to iCAN SE? Fiio X7 came with a 3.5mm stereo male to a single RCA female cable. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back