iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Jan 3, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #182 of 600
Reminds me of Akihabara. The displays were so much fun!

Since we're waiting I thought I'd share some pics I took at Toy Traders today. What a great store!

This is a HUGE display of the battle on Hoth.

Battle of Endor scene.

Random life sized characters above the shelves. These are all over the place
and I only took a few pics of them.

More amazing full size setups. Some are for sale.

Bucket loads of collectables for sale.

More random awesomeness everywhere. Even on the ceiling!

This is exactly where Jar Jar belongs!!

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #184 of 600
We received this entry from a person new to Head-Fi: Candela007.

This person didnt have rights to post a photo but we can confirm we received this Dec 31st (but as we had already left the office, we didnt see this until today. The rest of that day was a blur).

Here you go.

Next time, please don't leave it so late as it was close! 
normal_smile .gif

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #185 of 600
Meze 99 Classics Tech Specs - Part 2

May the Force be with you all!

We have returned with some more teasers.

The concept, design, and development of the Meze 99 Classics was a long process, spanning over two years. In this period, the design was in a continuous evolution until we reached the final iteration. We wanted the design to be both aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time.

The headband is self adjusting and the two axis swivel system in the ear cups allow the headphones to basically 'mold' onto the listeners head. 

We made sure to only use premium quality materials on the 99 Classics. Thus, the headphones are not held together without any glue or plastic clamps, only screws. The wooden ear cups, the cast zinc allow parts, and the spring steel headband are all held together with screws that can be taken off at any point, making the Meze 99 Classics a fully serviceable pair of headphones.

A few lucky winners will get to experience the 99 Classics first hand soon! Good luck to all of you!

The Meze Team

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #187 of 600
  We received this entry from a person new to Head-Fi: Candela007.

This person didnt have rights to post a photo but we can confirm we received this Dec 31st (but as we had already left the office, we didnt see this until today. The rest of that day was a blur).

Here you go.

Next time, please don't leave it so late as it was close! 
normal_smile .gif

Sorry guys...I almost missed... crazy time in this side of the world too... 

Hope for a great year to everyone here & Thanks to iFi & Meze for the amazing competition, the outstanding products & incredible support 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #188 of 600

The concept, design, and development of the Meze 99 Classics was a long process, spanning over two years. In this period, the design was in a continuous evolution until we reached the final iteration. We wanted the design to be both aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time.

The headband is self adjusting and the two axis swivel system in the ear cups allow the headphones to basically 'mold' onto the listeners head. 

We made sure to only use premium quality materials on the 99 Classics. Thus, the headphones are not held together without any glue or plastic clamps, only screws. The wooden ear cups, the cast zinc allow parts, and the spring steel headband are all held together with screws that can be taken off at any point, making the Meze 99 Classics a fully serviceable pair of headphones.

A few lucky winners will get to experience the 99 Classics first hand soon! Good luck to all of you!

The Meze Team

The silver version will be a beautiful match for the iFi gear...Congrats you nail it... 
gs1000.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #189 of 600
How can we join?

Quote:

The Meze Team

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #190 of 600

Contest is over. Read the first post. :wink_face:

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #192 of 600
Is anyone planning on running the iCan Micro SE with HD800? It seems like it could be a very good combination, with a slightly warm sound, and the optional bass boost (speculating here!).

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #193 of 600
  Is anyone planning on running the iCan Micro SE with HD800? It seems like it could be a very good combination, with a slightly warm sound, and the optional bass boost (speculating here!).

I have an iCAN micro SE on loan at present which I am using with my micro iDSD and iUSB and HD700 headphones. I think it is a very good combination as the iCAN is a little better amp wise than that in the iDSD. It is better extended top and bottom but I wouldn't call it warm. It also retrieves a fantastic sound stage with excellent space around the instruments or vocals. I have not tried the original iCAN but am sure it will power the HD800s well due to the much larger output on this SE model. If I get time I will take my HD800s out of my main system and try them with the iCAN SE. To be honest I was enjoying it with the 700s so much I hadn't bothered!!! 

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #194 of 600
  I have an iCAN micro SE on loan at present which I am using with my micro iDSD and iUSB and HD700 headphones. I think it is a very good combination as the iCAN is a little better amp wise than that in the iDSD. It is better extended top and bottom but I wouldn't call it warm. It also retrieves a fantastic sound stage with excellent space around the instruments or vocals. I have not tried the original iCAN but am sure it will power the HD800s well due to the much larger output on this SE model. If I get time I will take my HD800s out of my main system and try them with the iCAN SE. To be honest I was enjoying it with the 700s so much I hadn't bothered!!! 

Lucky!

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #195 of 600

I used to have the original iCAN and I was quite impressed with my HD800s. I got a lot of good listening out of, but I went back to my SPL Auditor.

That said, and knowing iFi, I expect a lot more from the iCAN SE, otherwise they wouldn't put it out if they didn't think it was special and a step up from the previous model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back