IC: Western MA (NE) minimeet
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Towert7

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there.

So the NE regional meets are a thing of the past now that no one is willing to host one and I miss seeing the local NE crowd. I don't have the funds to put on a full fledged regional meet, but I was thinking about the possibility of hosting a mini meet.

Mini meets are cool because there are less people and you get to actually listen to some gear! It's nice for me because I may have access to free room.

I go to UMass Amherst and in my department they have a very large seminar room that would be very nice to hold a meet in (it's as big as the Marlborough room) with plenty of tables and a fair amount of power outlets. I think it would be nice. This semester I will inquire about reserving it for a Saturday. Totally free. Of course, you would have to bring your own power cords! Parking on a Saturday is free on the campus lots as far as I know, so that shouldn't be a problem. What's more, the building is right on the outskirts of campus, so it should not require a long walk. Downside is it's at UMass Amherst, which is not right off the highway. But for a free mini meet, I figure it's not so bad for a little drive in the spring with nice weather!

Any interest? I sure would like to host it to meet everyone again and check up to see what updates you've done to your systems and what things you have in the works.

I'm thinking sometime this semester, spring 09. This is an interest check of course, and I would like to see if there is more interest for an early spring or a late spring meet.
I would ideally like to host it during a time when the campus is in bloom and the temperature is more friendly to activities (which would be late spring), but I'm still curious to see what people say.

So, what say you?

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow, I didn't know there were so few MA head-fi members out here...
not even a single vote on the poll.

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 6
A nubie here. But would like to meet some people/listen to others rigs sometime.

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 6
I voted late spring but I'm not 100%.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELRIC14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A nubie here. But would like to meet some people/listen to others rigs sometime.

hardly a newb, you have more equipment than I do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back