IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #166 of 247
I went to Headfoneshop today and met with Charles, inviting him to participate in the meet.

It the meet is held on a Sunday, he's interested to join.
However, Saturday is the busiest day of the week for him, so he won't be able to attend.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #167 of 247
Ohh, i would be interested in this meet.

I would be bringing two sets of cans.  Hifiman He-300 with silver cables, and Fischer Audio FA-002w HE (Bubinga wood)

Will prob grab a hotel room and stay the night, would make for a nice trip for me and my girlfriend

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #169 of 247

I would be bringing two sets of cans.  Hifiman He-300 with silver cables, and Fischer Audio FA-002w HE (Bubinga wood)

Will prob grab a hotel room and stay the night, would make for a nice trip for me and my girlfriend

Good thing you have a girl friend that under stand you~~~~~~ Mine will kill me if they know the price of these rigs~~~~~ I just told her that my HD800 cost like $600 and my custom is like $200, and she freaks out about how expensive a headphone can be~~~~ I will never tell her this meet~~~~ Ever~~~~~~~~~you guys will make her murder me~~~~~~

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #170 of 247

Good thing you have a girl friend that under stand you~~~~~~ Mine will kill me if they know the price of these rigs~~~~~ I just told her that my HD800 cost like $600 and my custom is like $200, and she freaks out about how expensive a headphone can be~~~~ I will never tell her this meet~~~~ Ever~~~~~~~~~you guys will make her murder me~~~~~~

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #171 of 247
Quote:

Good thing you have a girl friend that under stand you~~~~~~Mine will kill me if they know the price of these rigs~~~~~I just told her that my HD800 cost like $600 and my custom is like $200, and she freaks out about how expensive a headphone can be~~~~I will never tell her this meet~~~~ Ever~~~~~~~~~you guys will make her murder me~~~~~~

HaHa
Better not bring her to a meet AlanHell
There's no way we could keep your secrets

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #174 of 247
Quote:

Good thing you have a girl friend that under stand you~~~~~~Mine will kill me if they know the price of these rigs~~~~~I just told her that my HD800 cost like $600 and my custom is like $200, and she freaks out about how expensive a headphone can be~~~~I will never tell her this meet~~~~ Ever~~~~~~~~~you guys will make her murder me~~~~~~

Lol!  The key is to keep it general, my answers are always,  "a hundred dollars"  "a couple hundred dollars"  "a lot-a hundred dollars"

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #176 of 247
+1
He's so scared, he posted the same post twice LOL

You have no idea.....
If she finds out, the next birthday present will be lethal to me..... ...

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #177 of 247
Quote:
AlanHell you need to give $200 to your lady and send her shoe shopping on the day of the meet. if she shows up to the meet, your life is gone :O

Well, not sure she is going to buy it since I will be loaded with new gears I got form the meet and there is no way to hide them in my room~~~~~~~~
As you can see from my profile picture, it is already very messy now~~~~~
Quote:

Lol!  The key is to keep it general, my answers are always,  "a hundred dollars"  "a couple hundred dollars"  "a lot-a hundred dollars"

Well, she is smart enough to know that couple hundred dollars is enough reason for her to get a "couple hundred dollars" handbags~~~~ And that couple hundred is gonna go very close to the upper limit of the three figures~~~ Even thought she thinks it is the same to have a hobby to buy expensive handbags compare to Hifi gears, we know it is completely not true!!
A good headphone last for life time and even you hate it, you can sell it at 80% of the price as long as you keep it mint. A handbag only last till the next new one come out, which will not be more than 3 months~~~~~ But, if you trying to win an argument with women, I think you have a better chance to score a HE90 system with 100 bucks on ebay~~~~~
Quote:
For me I always just compare it with her designer bags and shoes telling her at least you know where my money goes too..

True, it is much better to let her know I spend then all on other women~~~~~ Not that I can't, just headphone weighted much more:p
I think I am hopeless now~~~~~~~~~~~

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #178 of 247
Quote:
Well, not sure she is going to buy it since I will be loaded with new gears I got form the meet and there is no way to hide them in my room~~~~~~~~
As you can see from my profile picture, it is already very messy now~~~~~

Shouldn't be a problem since gear is generally NOT sold at meets.  In my past 6 meets I've never seen any headphone/amp sales whatsoever.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #179 of 247
My wife knows exactly what I am paying for the gear, and it's much better that way.  She supports what I buy (as I am a pretty frugal guy, and she rationalized that if I bought anything, it must have been deeply researched), and I support hers.  Our philosophy is that we make our money, and we spend it as we see fit.

Makes for a happy marriage, and less guilt when listening to gear.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #180 of 247
I hope we have DIYers to teach newbies and we should allow people selling their stuff (like me) to increase their funds , because you never know there might be something there that you would want to buy ASAP after hearing it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back