IC: Portland, Oregon mini-meet or get together?
Jun 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dogwan

100+ Head-Fier
Now that I'm out from school for the summer thought I would see what's going on in PDX. My interest in Head-Fi has really taken off over the last year. Made it to the last Seattle meet and was blown away.

I'm interested in getting together with like minded people. My inventory is small, but I would like to share what I have and try others.

My place is small and I have a dog that likes to bark at strangers (but he's totally harmless). However, if it's a small group I can host. Or maybe we can find a place to accommodate a larger group.

-Dogwan

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Odd considering there's usually more interest from Portlanders : \

I'm in for it... though I don't have a way to transport my gear as I no longer drive : o

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm in if anything comes together. Would love to go to the Seattle meet, but I'm working a graveyard shift that night!

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 7
What, no love from the PDX'ers?

It must be bad timing or something. Kinda feelin' like the outsider trying to figure out how to get in with the cool crowd hanging out behind the gym smoking cigarettes. I see there's even offers of rides from Portland to Seattle on that thread.

I can't make it up to Seattle that weekend either. Funny thing is I used to live around the corner from the library where the Seattle meet is being held. I remember Sunday nights when the AA meeting would get out they would mill about ruining my front porch drinking time, LOL.

Dr. Strangelove and gamer... hang in there, maybe we can make something happen. Til' then enjoy this beautiful PDX weather.

-Dogwan

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 7
I'll very likely attend a PDX meet assuming it isn't anytime this august. 
ph34r.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 7
You know, there's something to that. I think a meet in PDX sounds like a lot of fun - but perhaps after our modest "hot weather" has passed.

No one likes sweat on the ear pads!

Quote:
What, no love from the PDX'ers?

It must be bad timing or something. Kinda feelin' like the outsider trying to figure out how to get in with the cool crowd hanging out behind the gym smoking cigarettes. I see there's even offers of rides from Portland to Seattle on that thread.

I can't make it up to Seattle that weekend either. Funny thing is I used to live around the corner from the library where the Seattle meet is being held. I remember Sunday nights when the AA meeting would get out they would mill about ruining my front porch drinking time, LOL.

Dr. Strangelove and gamer... hang in there, maybe we can make something happen. Til' then enjoy this beautiful PDX weather.

-Dogwan

Quote:
I'll very likely attend a PDX meet assuming it isn't anytime this august. 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back