IC: North Carolina meet, March/April 2014
Nov 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #46 of 78
I live in Charlotte, so count me in!

I can bring a couple setups including my Crack/Speedball with Senn HD 650

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #47 of 78
  I live in Charlotte, so count me in!

I can bring a couple setups including my Crack/Speedball with Senn HD 650

lOOKING FORward to it!

Do we have any idea what week in march or April we are looking at yet :3 maybe a new poll! 

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #48 of 78
I had a fantastic time at the Winston Salem meet last year - count me in for wherever it is held. Thank you Whal for the PM!

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #49 of 78
Yes, it seems Charlotte has the majority vote in this case.  We'll probably start the planning after the winter holiday's.  I'll likely defer to some of the Charlotte locals to help find a good spot and lock it on since it's about a 5 hour drive for me.  Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.  

Like I said, I'll hopefully have a K812 in my inventory by then for everyone to try out.  May upgrade my DAC again also by then, I'm keeping an eye on the Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC, thinking about snatching a preorder, but they may not deliver until April.  

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #50 of 78
  Yes, it seems Charlotte has the majority vote in this case.  We'll probably start the planning after the winter holiday's.  I'll likely defer to some of the Charlotte locals to help find a good spot and lock it on since it's about a 5 hour drive for me.  Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.  

Like I said, I'll hopefully have a K812 in my inventory by then for everyone to try out.  May upgrade my DAC again also by then, I'm keeping an eye on the Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC, thinking about snatching a preorder, but they may not deliver until April.  

You know I've got a fully balanced NFB 10ES2. I might bring it, as far as DACs go... it's a fully balanced DAC so it should drive the K812 very nicely. I found the NFB10ES2 was much better than my old oDac M Stge combo, and when you use a fully balanced headphone with the well balanced Dac/Amp it get's even better! I'd love to see how the SE K812 compres to the fully balanced DT 880! 

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #51 of 78
I will be happy to check out some venues in Charlotte for options. Has anyone done the math yet as far as how many possible attendees? If not, I will go through the posts and get an estimate.

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #52 of 78
I will be happy to check out some venues in Charlotte for options. Has anyone done the math yet as far as how many possible attendees? If not, I will go through the posts and get an estimate.

No numbers yet, aside from the votes.   I posted this as more of an interest check.  Soon I will modify it into an actual meet thread and gather attendees and tenative gear lists.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #54 of 78
I'm 5 hours away from Charlotte in Atlanta. If this is on a weekend, then I should be able to make it.

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #55 of 78
Would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Raleigh meet. The triangle area is also home to a lot of college students. Might get a slightly different demographic to mix things up a little.

If it's in Raleigh count me in!

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #56 of 78
I'll be bringing a pair of Fostex TH900 (just got them 
gs1000.gif
) and my trusty Peachtree Nova.

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #57 of 78
  I'll be bringing a pair of Fostex TH900 (just got them 
gs1000.gif
) and my trusty Peachtree Nova.

Crap... I totally have to go to this now >.> MUST HEAR THE TH 900

espically since I have a D2k Cocobollo Balanced wood Back en Route to my house this very moment! 

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #58 of 78
Emotiva HE-500 here. Thinking about Woo Audio WEE with Stax SR-407 to go with Emotiva soon.

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #59 of 78

FatCat organized an awesome meet last year at Verdict Ridge Country Club which is about 30 minutes north of Charlotte. Nice large room right next to the club restaraunt/bar. In any event, wherever it is, I'm in with my WA22/HD800 rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back