IC: New England Headfi Meet - late June 2014
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Vinnie R.

Member of the Trade: Vinnie Rossi
All,

I spoke with Walter Swanbon, who owns of Fidelis AV (Nashua, NH), about having a New England Headfi Meet.  Their new store is located in Nashua, NH, which is approx. 45 miles (about a 30 - 40 min. drive) north of Boston.  Walter mentioned that he'd like to host a meet on a Saturday in late June (approx. 11am - 5pm meet), and I told him that I would post here on Headfi to check for interest.

Excluding the large size of northern Maine, I'd say Nashua, NH is right in the middle of New England.  I'm not very familiar with this small city, but here is a link to info:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashua,_New_Hampshire

Fidelis AV's website:  http://www.fidelisav.com/   which lists their address: 
460 Amherst St. (Route 101A), Nashua, NH

I've been to the their new store, and the layout is really nice because it has a fairly large and open main section, and dedicated listening rooms around the main section. The main section would be perfect for setting up tables, and for those also interested in home audio, there is plenty to see and listen to!  In the main section, they even sell new and used CDs and LPs.  

There is plenty of parking in front of the store, as well as restaurants (independent and chain) to choose from all along Amherst St.  And the store's location itself is right off the the highway (RT. 3).

As far as I know, there hasn't been a New England Headfi Meet in a long time, so something like this is long overdue!   Please post if you are interested and if you think you can make it.  If there seems to be a decent amount of interest, we'll firm up on the date and details.  I hope we can make it happen!

Vinnie

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 33
  All,

I spoke with Walter Swanbon, who owns of Fidelis AV (Nashua, NH), about having a New England Headfi Meet.  Their new store is located in Nashua, NH, which is approx. 45 miles (about a 30 - 40 min. drive) north of Boston.  Walter mentioned that he'd like to host a meet on a Saturday in late June (approx. 11am - 5pm meet), and I told him that I would post here on Headfi to check for interest.

Excluding the large size of northern Maine, I'd say Nashua, NH is right in the middle of New England.  I'm not very familiar with this small city, but here is a link to info:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashua,_New_Hampshire

Fidelis AV's website:  http://www.fidelisav.com/   which lists their address: 
460 Amherst St. (Route 101A), Nashua, NH

I've been to the their new store, and the layout is really nice because it has a fairly large and open main section, and dedicated listening rooms around the main section. The main section would be perfect for setting up tables, and for those also interested in home audio, there is plenty to see and listen to!  In the main section, they even sell new and used CDs and LPs.  

There is plenty of parking in front of the store, as well as restaurants (independent and chain) to choose from all along Amherst St.  And the store's location itself is right off the the highway (RT. 3).

As far as I know, there hasn't been a New England Headfi Meet in a long time, so something like this is long overdue!   Please post if you are interested and if you think you can make it.  If there seems to be a decent amount of interest, we'll firm up on the date and details.  I hope we can make it happen!

Vinnie

I'll be there. :p

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 33
I'm interested.  Except for 6/14, which is the BrewGrass Festival in Warren VT, my calendar is open in June.

A little off topic but, if anyone is interested the BrewGrass Festival is a great afternoon with several bands playing a loose definition of Bluegrass and local New England breweries sampling their beer (including my favorite Lawson's).  It is held at the base of Sugarbush Ski Resort.  Here is a link: http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-activities-events/calendar/sgb/brewgrass-festival-9146

May 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 33
Guys,

Thanks for chiming in.  I hope we can get at least 20 people.  

WHERE ARE YOU NEW ENGLANDERS?  I know over the last few years there has been interest checks for a meet, and it has
not happened.  LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!  
cool.gif

Vinnie

May 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 33
Im working in Boston for a 6 months (origanaly from The Hague, The Netherlands) and moving to Londen after august.

So if we can make it happen in May,June or Juli, that would be great :)

May 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 33
Sounds like lots of you are in Boston.  We should do a local Boston meet also.  I like to hear your extravagant gear.  

Anyway, I'm interested in the NE meetup as I'm in the area.

Also, anybody know of any good audio stores with headphone gear around NE area, close to Boston would be nice.?

And, subb'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back