IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!!
Jun 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #32 of 139
Quote:
Of course you should upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

I was thinking of getting a FitEar since I'm here right now... but I might give up on the idea. Prohibitively expensive, with long waiting list, and none of them doing my 100% sound preference for spending $1.5k.
But getting JH feels like a gamble, and import fees are anything short of dreadful.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #33 of 139
Hey Kalbee,
I just ordered some Westone ES1 (cheapest Westone custom, because I care more about isolation than SQ right now) from Marc Lafrance, an audioprothesist in Montreal. He primarily deals with hearing aids but also sells IEMs through Westone and other companies. He took my impressions last month, and I will hopefully have some feedback here in a few weeks when I get the IEMs.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #34 of 139
Quote:
Hey Kalbee,
I just ordered some Westone ES1 (cheapest Westone custom, because I care more about isolation than SQ right now) from Marc Lafrance, an audioprothesist in Montreal. He primarily deals with hearing aids but also sells IEMs through Westone and other companies. He took my impressions last month, and I will hopefully have some feedback here in a few weeks when I get the IEMs.

Nice, that's great to know! Is there any info online regarding the selection he may offer?

Though, as usual, there's always another problem for Good'ol Quebec...
Sales Taxes. And probably import fees if anything (possible disguised as higher base price).

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #35 of 139
Hey Kalbee,

That's very goo to know =0
Wouldn't mind getting my ears cecked and getting impressions for the future at the same time

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #36 of 139
Quote:
That's very goo to know =0
Wouldn't mind getting my ears cecked and getting impressions for the future at the same time

Impressions don't last forever so no point in future proofing by holding onto a pair 
biggrin.gif

Using them as earplugs is a different story. I think that's doable...?

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #37 of 139
I've been to Marc too when I got my customs, and his impressions were excellent. I'd definitely go back if ever I got customs again.

Almost done :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #38 of 139
Quote:
I've been to Marc too when I got my customs, and his impressions were excellent. I'd definitely go back if ever I got customs again.

Almost done :)

Wow! That looks really good! Can't wait to see it in person. 

Hopefully you won't have too much debugging to do. I moved to Montreal yesterday, so still unpacking. The upgrade to my hybrid amp were done before I moved, but I had some noise problems I need to debug. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it working before the meet.

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #45 of 139
Je pourrais bien si je suis dispo la date que ça va se tenir :) Je suis un vieux de Head-Fi, fait longtemps je suis pas venu.

Faudrait je vende un peu de stock.

Si tu viens, tu ne seras pas le seul Sherbrookois! J'aimerais bien aussi entendre le HE60, c'est le seul electrostatique que je n'ai pas entendu

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back