IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!!
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #121 of 139
Do you have an idea when this would take place. Thanks

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #122 of 139

No we have not set a date nor a period. Personally, I would like to take my time with the organisation because I would like this to work. Therefore I am using this thread has an expression of interest. And as you can see we are 8 interested for a meeting. I will look into booking a room when we reach a minimum of 10 people (I would prefer 15...). I will also talk to a audio store in Montreal to see if they would be happy to welcome us or join :)

Also I would not be willing to move my gear during the winter through the public transport (too risky)...

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #123 of 139

No we have not set a date nor a period. Personally, I would like to take my time with the organisation because I would like this to work. Therefore I am using this thread has an expression of interest. And as you can see we are 8 interested for a meeting. I will look into booking a room when we reach a minimum of 10 people (I would prefer 15...). I will also talk to a audio store in Montreal to see if they would be happy to welcome us or join
smily_headphones1.gif

Also I would not be willing to move my gear during the winter through the public transport (too risky)...

Sounds good will see . 

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #124 of 139
Nobody added me to the list? =[
VincentC
Mike_TNT
Benjamin6264
JackTheRipper
Kevin.T
dleblanc343
PretentiousFood
Pepper
GL1TCH3D (+guests)

I have been discussing this with people outside of headfi that would probably show up.

Keeping in mind the following:
Quote from Concordia is $350 for 15 people
The free room used in the past years is unavailable as far as I know.
I don't know of audio stores willing to accommodate 15+ people in the downtown area
Putting a booking cost ahead of time means people who are unsure of their schedules will decide not to show up.
Having people pay on the spot makes it scarier for those going (you don't want 5 people splitting $350)
A restaurant with a well isolated party room could work. Listen to headphones, then pack everything up, have dinner and leave.

I have 2-3 other people IRL

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #127 of 139
Have you tried contacting ItalMelodie or Audiophonie? Maybe one such store could lend us a room, and use the opportunity to create an advertising campaign/event. It could be a win-win situation. You just have to convince them that it could be a business opportunity.

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #128 of 139
Have you tried contacting ItalMelodie or Audiophonie? Maybe one such store could lend us a room, and use the opportunity to create an advertising campaign/event. It could be a win-win situation. You just have to convince them that it could be a business opportunity.

I tried some other stores already but not those 2.

I'll call them up at some point

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #129 of 139

I like this win-win situation I will contact somebody I know at Audioville.

I will also check with McGill (Thomson House) when I get a approximation of the number. They have different size room.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #130 of 139

I like this win-win situation I will contact somebody I know at Audioville.

I will also check with McGill (Thomson House) when I get a approximation of the number. They have different size room.

Hopefully McGill will be better than Concordia for pricing (or even just letting us borrow)

I haven't had time with my work and school to make any calls.
On another sad note I will be parting with the W3000anv within the next week.
That drops me down to the AK120 and JH Roxanne UF

Nothing planned in particular for something to take the spot for the near future =[

I counted up and I think I have up to 5 people not in this thread that would be interested in coming depending on time

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #132 of 139
As mostly a lurker here and on r/headphones, I would be interested. 

If you guys are still looking for a room, there's the place on Sherbrooke, close to Concordia, where you can rent rooms for meetings or whatnot.

As total noob when it comes to the audiophile world, I don't really have that much to contribute in terms of equipment, but I'll be able to provide rides to contribute if that helps. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #135 of 139
Could you count me in as well please?

I'm a newcomer to the forum, also not top-notch on gear, but definitely interested :)
Listening to rock on an ATH-M50s, boosting some bass with a Fiio Rocky. Interested in recommendations/opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back