IC: Minnesota Meet
Jan 31, 2010 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

HeyItsBattleKid

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to check in and see what Minnesotans are around these forums. The last Minnesota meet I've seen planned was about 3 years ago! I'm sure with the Vikings all done now, there will be more people with open schedules
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 14
Well there's one! And just as a note to myself, did you find this thread by looking under the Local/Regional Meet section or via the link in my signature? I'm just thinking that there may be plenty of others interested, they just haven't taken the time to browse this forum section.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyItsBattleKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well there's one! And just as a note to myself, did you find this thread by looking under the Local/Regional Meet section or via the link in my signature? I'm just thinking that there may be plenty of others interested, they just haven't taken the time to browse this forum section.

I subscribed to this board for email digests. Just got around to read one.

I have a friend or two I could drag along.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, Winnipeg is only an 8 hour drive away...

I was considering the Winnipeg meet as well, but I was still unsure about that only being 4 hours. I wish we could combine with the Winnipeg meet, but I think the distance may be a bit much for some people.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #8 of 14
I'm assuming that the majority of MN folks are from the twin cities. Maybe meet in the middle... at Fargo?

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 14
Fargo would work perfectly for me, as that's where I'm set up right now! I'd imagine most are in the cities. I know there is at least one head-fier in Duluth and I'm sure there are a few between St Cloud and Minneapolis as well. 4 hours either way doesn't seem to bad, though I know both are kind of a boring drive. Maybe with the amount of people we would be able to get, it may be worth the trip for more people. Just an idea though.

I don't think it would be too much trouble to set a place up either. There are some places possible at Concordia College that may work well. I guess it all really depends on the amount of interest.

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 14
I'm down, except I can't make it out for a meet until roughly two months from now.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 14
I'm located in the Minneapolis area. I've been hooked on this stuff for about 5 months now. I'll throw this link over to Schweinhund (Aaron) too. He and I have met up once for a sale and in the process hung out for awhile. We'll be meeting up sometime within the next two weeks to geek out some more.

I'd likely be interested in a Twin Cities meet or nearby, but I doubt that I'd head to Faaaarrrrgo. :)

-Marty

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #13 of 14
i'm interested but work every other weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back