IC: Headphone in Minnesota
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #16 of 145
I'd love a meet.  Let me know date and time and I'll try and make it.  If Sept 1 is being considered I'll check on that one.  It might be hard sell for my wife since I'll be out of town M-Th that week.

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 145
I wouldn't mind getting together. Seems like there many of "us" in MN. I don't have a ton of gear anymore but I'll bring what I do have. Unfortunately I'm busy on September 1st. I'm in the North metro. Subscribed!

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #18 of 145
This is cool to see. I used to live in Duluth, and always wished I was able to find more of us. dagothur and fluffygdog95 are from superior WI. Hope it goes well if you guys get together! 

-M

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #22 of 145
Things got hectic on my end.  How does this sound?  Saturday, Sept 22nd.  2pm.  I will host.  Now, we need to find out what gear people would have to bring.  If all we would be looking at is a K550 and a pair of cMoy's, people might get disappointed.

I have the affore mentioned AKG K550, a JDS labs cMoy and a headstage USB cable DAC.

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #25 of 145
Saturday the 22nd would be great. I can bring a bunch of electrostats and a couple of dynamics. One concern about the location, is it by any chance wheelchair accessible? :xf_eek:

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #26 of 145
i think i can make the 22nd.  i can bring some headphones, BM DAC1/Pioneer DVD, B1/F5, and maybe a CK2III and M3.  sorry, no laptop for USB HD files.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #27 of 145
Anyone who has a laptop for playing music should bring it.  The more we have the easier things will be.  I will reserve the party room at my apartment building for the day.  It is in Shakopee, MN which is the southwest metro.  It isn't THAT close to Anoka... maybe 45 minutes.  The room is on the first floor, right inside the building, so there is no problem with wheelchair accessibility (the whole building is accessible anyway).  I am fairly new to this hobby, and have never hosted anything like this before.  If there is anything I need to know, please let me.  If Wasup makes it, that puts us at five people right now.  If everyone brings their stuff, that seems like it will be more then enough to keep us busy for a while.

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #29 of 145
Oh bloody hell.  My building's party room is already booked for the 22nd.  I made the reservation for the 29th instead.  Will that work?  If it won't, and it needs to be the 22nd, let me know and I will think about something else.

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #30 of 145
Quote:
Anyone who has a laptop for playing music should bring it.  The more we have the easier things will be.  I will reserve the party room at my apartment building for the day.  It is in Shakopee, MN which is the southwest metro.  It isn't THAT close to Anoka... maybe 45 minutes.  The room is on the first floor, right inside the building, so there is no problem with wheelchair accessibility (the whole building is accessible anyway).  I am fairly new to this hobby, and have never hosted anything like this before.  If there is anything I need to know, please let me.  If Wasup makes it, that puts us at five people right now.  If everyone brings their stuff, that seems like it will be more then enough to keep us busy for a while.

Quote:
Oh bloody hell.  My building's party room is already booked for the 22nd.  I made the reservation for the 29th instead.  Will that work?  If it won't, and it needs to be the 22nd, let me know and I will think about something else.

Shakopee and 29th both works for me, provided no last minute priorities jumps in.

I can bring in my HiFiMan HE-400, ATH CK-10, iBasso D-12, DIY CMoy amp etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back