IC: Hamilton Head-Fi Meet in July or August
May 17, 2006 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

philodox

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

I've been hinting at a Hamilton meet for the last little while and wanted to try to accomodate the School crowd as all my meets seem to fall close to exams for some reason.
tongue.gif

In the long tradition of Hamilton meet's at my place we have had some good times.... [#1, #2, #3, #4]
biggrin.gif

There is an Ottawa meet that is shaping up to be the Canadian National, so I am wondering if there is still interest for one in Hamilton?

I was originally placing the meet in mid July since there is a product release that was scheduled around that time, but it looks like it has been pushed back to early August now. We can either time it for that or forget about it and just plan the meet when it is convenient for the most members.

Please only vote in the above poll if you actually plan on attending. I've only listed the Saturday's, but if for whatever reason you prefer Sunday please choose the Saturday option and post in the thread to clarify. Friday's are not an option for me right now. I left out August 5th as it looks like the Ottawa meet will be on that weekend and I intend to be there.
wink.gif

As always, our American [or Welsh as the case may be] friends are welcome.
340smile.gif

- Jason

May 18, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 49
Yeah, and I promise I won't get drunk this time.
tongue.gif

Anyone voting in the poll, if you could write your reasoning behind what you picked that would be great.
wink.gif

May 18, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 49
Voted for the first option of July 1st for no other reason than to distance the Hamilton meet a bit from the Ottawa one. Can't have too much excitement back to back, shouldn't we spread the fun? Mind you, I'm open and will be supporting Jay's meet regardless of the chosen date.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure, but a meet in mid to late August might factor the attendance from the Uni school crowd who may be moving or apartment hunting for the upcoming Sept school year.

May 18, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 49
I'll just have more time around then. I'll obviously try and make it whenever it is and probably will anyways.

May 18, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 49
Doesn't really matter but preferably not the 1st since I have work training most likely. Any other day rocks. Let's do this meet because I won't be able to go to Ottawa.

May 19, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher
Not sure, but a meet in mid to late August might factor the attendance from the Uni school crowd who may be moving or apartment hunting for the upcoming Sept school year.

That doesn't work for me as I am most likely making a trip out to see my Mom mid/late August.

I think that the second weekend in July might be ideal since, as you pointed out, it will be far enough from the Ottawa meet and Duke will be able to make it. Lets see how the poll plays out though... anyone who is interested, please vote.

May 20, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 49
I voted 29th simply because I plan to take some vacation end of July, but I will attend any of those dates.

May 20, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 49
Can't make it 5th or 6th, but I'll keep my eye out for when you guys settle in on a date.

May 21, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 49
Let's set a date and see interest. It'd be nice if we could make it so Tyll could come. Shirted of course.

May 21, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Can't make it 5th or 6th, but I'll keep my eye out for when you guys settle in on a date.

Hey buddy... did you mean to post this in the Ottawa meet thread? The 5th and 6th aren't in my poll.
tongue.gif

You are more than welcome to come to the Hamilton meet though, by all means. We didn't have a chance to have a beer together in NYC.
wink.gif

May 23, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 49
July 8 or 22 is best for me. Looking forward to it.

-R-

May 23, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 49
Well, unless anyone objects, I think that July 8th would be the best date as it is far enough away from the Ottawa meet and it seems everyone can attend.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll start working up some more info about the meet and will post a new thread shortly to 'promote' it.

If you are sure that you can attend, please shoot me an email with what you will be bringing to.....

jason---DOT---smyth---AT---gmail---DOT---com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back