IC: GS1000/RS1/HE-5 Comparison?
Dec 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Raez

500+ Head-Fier
I have the GS1000, my cousin has the RS1, and I *JUST* ordered the HE-5. Would anybody be interested in a 3 way review? It will be novice, I'll warn you.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 12
Every review is interesting and everybody have own opinion so of course do it. But be assured that your source is not capable partner for this type of headphones. Many Grado owner say there are not hard to drive, yes they are less than others but I disagree with it I finded almost all headphones stodgy what I had out of the non quality source. I would say Westone and portable Audio Technica ESW9/10 is only one exception "for me" which sound acceptable out of the mp3 or portable dac/amp's.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Post it up. Everyone will love it, I guarantee it.

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by not_sure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every review is interesting and everybody have own opinion so of course do it. But be assured that your source is not capable partner for this type of headphones. Many Grado owner say there are not hard to drive, yes they are less than others but I disagree with it I finded almost all headphones stodgy what I had out of the non quality source. I would say Westone and portable Audio Technica ESW9/10 is only one exception "for me" which sound acceptable out of the mp3 or portable dac/amp's.

Ah yes, I should have mentioned the amp will be the EF-5 for all of them. The iBasso D3, while not great, has a pretty fantastic DAC for what it is. (a portable amp)

Just to be clear I don't actually have the review written, I'm just curious if people would be interested in one when I get my HE-5s in.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post it up. Everyone will love it, I guarantee it.

Can't tell if there is a bit of sarcasm there...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ofc, post it up.

smile.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 12
I am not kidding! Sorry, I realize I'm a sarcastic person, but people on this website, especially myself, love reading reviews. It's why we're here.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #8 of 12
Definitely post it up!! I currently own GS-1000i and I'm spying on HE-5 right now....
gs1000.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

I am not kidding! Sorry, I realize I'm a sarcastic person, but people on this website, especially myself, love reading reviews. It's why we're here.

x2 on that. reading reviews are fun. even if it doesnt sound "interesting" or have some crazy poetics involved, it still feel good when reading how ppl think of their toys
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #10 of 12
Everyone likes reviews. Just make sure to do the following:
  1. State your musical knowledge, ie, experience.
  2. State genres that you listen to the most. As someone pointed out, it's annoying when people put 'classical' but you listen to classical for 1 hour a month.
  3. Equipment [I always forget this].
  4. Don't try and use all the Head Fi buzz words.
  5. If the difference in <insert area> is slightly better than another headphone, make sure you say it. Sometimes people go all in depth in the differences so we think that it is huge and it isn't.
  6. Short and sweet is the best.
    tongue.gif
  7. Make sure to spell things correctly and use full stops! Can't stand a paragraph sentence. lol
  8. Have fun doing it
    smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Hehe thanks! Thanks for all the kind comments everybody, I do appreciate them.

Like I said in the OP, my ear for critical listening is fairly sharp, but I'm utterly unable to use these common terms here like "musical" and "warm" and what not, so I'll use what feels right.

According to a friend at Head-Direct, mine are currently being burned in, and should ship tomorrow. Normally (outside of holidays) they get to the US in 5-7 days. I live in Texas, so I imagine it'll take about 2 weeks to get them.
frown.gif

But all good things take time, and this, I hope, is a good thing.
tongue_smile.gif

Happy holidays all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back