IC: Fall New York City Area Meet
Sep 23, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #47 of 68
We rent a room and ask for donations and hold an auction to cover the cost. The last event generated enough cash so that I have the cost of a room already covered if we go for a similar room like the Crowne Plaza. 

Ideally, after this meet if there is additional cash someone else will take responsibility for it, which in turn means they will be responsible for organizing the next meet.

Do you have any specific NYC locations in mind?  I requested a quote from one place in Chelsea and they want over $3000.  Our budget is more like $800-$1000.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #50 of 68
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #53 of 68
I think the best thing to do at this point is for me to reserve the space in White Plains again.  I may need some help from folks contacting vendors and getting the word out.  Hopefully, someone will take this over from me after this meet.

I will call the Crowne Plaza on Monday and see if they have space available for Nov 5 or 12.  If so, I'll start the official meet thread and we'll take it from there.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #55 of 68
Ericzen- I will donate $100 towards the rental of the room at the Crowne Plaza in White Plains if you decide to use it.  Keep me posted.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #56 of 68

Quote:
Ericzen- I will donate $100 towards the rental of the room at the Crowne Plaza in White Plains if you decide to use it.  Keep me posted.

Thanks for your consideration.  Hopefully there will be some nice silent auction items and you can donate that way.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #57 of 68
Checked with the Crowne Plaza since the feedback on the place was pretty positive (my billing issues aside).  They have availablity for November 12.  It's a different room though so I am going to try and stop by today.  If it looks good I'll put down a deposit and make this meet official.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #59 of 68

Quote:
Checked with the Crowne Plaza since the feedback on the place was pretty positive (my billing issues aside).  They have availablity for November 12.  It's a different room though so I am going to try and stop by today.  If it looks good I'll put down a deposit and make this meet official.

WINNING! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back