IC: Edmonton, Alberta
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #151 of 160
I got my 650s earlier in the week, and I had to wash every part of the padding because it smelled like vomit. I used the Bath & Body Works foamy hand soap next to my sink, and now the horrible stank is replaced by the splendid smell of some kind of flower. Some of us aren't as intense as you, Don.
wink.gif
The nice smell only adds to the already pleasing experience of listening to music on quality equipment.

Maybe try the flats, Robin?

Grado Flat Pads - $35.00 : TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #152 of 160
Robin: I used a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, actually! You really don't have to worry about degrading them by doing this. Just take a hair dryer to them after and let them sit in the open for a night afterwards. No noticeable smell to mine. It really softens them up. Just have to cover those scratchy driver covers with some pantyhose and these cans are going to be pretty damn comfortable.

UPDATE: I put the pantyhose circles inside the bowls and it definitely helps with comfort. Just cut a circle about 2.5 inches in diameter, put it over the driver screen/cover, and put the bowl back on. Simple, non-destructive and with little to no sonic side effects. Just be sure to ask the Mrs before cutting up her pantyhose! Or, don't tell her and make them "crotchless" LOL

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #153 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Robin: I used a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, actually! You really don't have to worry about degrading them by doing this. Just take a hair dryer to them after and let them sit in the open for a night afterwards. No noticeable smell to mine. It really softens them up. Just have to cover those scratchy driver covers with some pantyhose and these cans are going to be pretty damn comfortable.

actually, i have a predilection for things citrus-y --- i like a hint of grapefruit.
i'll let u guys know what happens to mine ... if & when they ever show up ... no doubt another of J.G.'s tactics at separating true fans from fakirs & the like.
k701smile.gif

& joneeboi ... intense? me? INTENSE?... u can't handle INTENSE!! i'll show u intense ... where's that wolverine when u need it? .. bwahahaha
ph34r.gif

(i was just washing clothes a short while ago & in another moment of mad cow-ness, i mistakenly dumped a shot of bleach into the load instead of detergent --- wow, black socks & t-shirts to instant bright pinkish streaks ... my arms ... my face... my veins popping ... green bulging ... that was intense! ... thank god there weren't any oiler players nearby
tongue.gif
)

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #155 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys haven't seen intense until you've seen me in my three wolf moon t-shirt!

i'll c your 3 wolf shirt and raise you my clash shirt with the gun in the bible and the words 'know your rights' ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

now where did i ever put that shirt? ... was it like 30+ yrs ago that they were here??

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #156 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 650s earlier in the week, and I had to wash every part of the padding because it smelled like vomit. I used the Bath & Body Works foamy hand soap next to my sink, and now the horrible stank is replaced by the splendid smell of some kind of flower. Some of us aren't as intense as you, Don.
wink.gif
The nice smell only adds to the already pleasing experience of listening to music on quality equipment.

Maybe try the flats, Robin?

Grado Flat Pads - $35.00 : TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

Flats would further narrow an already small soundstage. My SRH840 provide better and they are a closed can... mind you Grado's are known for a smaller soundstage.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #157 of 160
I've found my sound, I think I'm going to sell my electrostat setup. If anyone wants first crack locally before I post it let me know.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #159 of 160
About my reasons for selling? or specifics on the package itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back