[IC] Dutch meet in November, December orJanuary
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ZarakiSan

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just got a pair of HE300's and a friend of mine got an HD650, so yesterday we arranged a nano-meet to compare the two.

It was so much fun! I nearly forgot how fun that was (even though our last meet was in, what, May?).

We also started talking (well, mostly, I did) about organizing a meet in Almere. I have a location that I can try to get, which is inside the office of a professional live audio company. That also means we can likely borrow a nice amount of audio cables, and power will not be an issue.

Since I'm not sure if I can get that location for free and I don't want to charge people for it, I'm hoping I can strike a deal and put a barman there. That would mean you wouldn't be allowed to bring your own drinks. So I want an opinion on that: Is is better to charge for entry or better to charge for drinks?

The location I have in mind is easy to get to by car and reasonably easy to get to by public transport. It'd be a train to Almere Centrum station, and get on either the number 1 or the number 3 bus, before taking a two-minute walk to the building it'd be in.

Because this venue is kind of large (we could host a hundred setups if needed there), I would like to have at least 20 'sure thing's, to make sure we'll have no problems with the venue's owner.

For international head-fiers, I would like to mention that it's easy to get there by car, and reasonable easy to get there by public transport. It's not a walk-in-the-park, but the amount of train-hops you have to do should be achievable.

More details hopefully to follow, but guys, please let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back