IC: Dallas meet in January (or February)
Jan 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #16 of 34
Looks like we'll either need to do this late or push to summer. If summer I might not be able to come as I might be attending CanJam wherever it is this year so I can try out all the high end IEMs. Can't afford the time off for both.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #17 of 34

Quote:
Looks like we'll either need to do this late or push to summer. If summer I might not be able to come as I might be attending CanJam wherever it is this year so I can try out all the high end IEMs. Can't afford the time off for both.

If someone could set this up, I'd be there in a heartbeat. The problem is that no one wants to set it up. You said you contacted Alex about getting it set up, but he hasn't done anything, so someone has to bite the bullet and make a time and a date for this. 

I think the 19th or the 26th of February would be good dates to set this up for. If I could set this up myself, I would, but I don't even know where to start. If no one is willing to set this up, then we might as well postpone this to the summer.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Not to speak for anyone else officially but I seriously doubt there's going to be a "CanJam 2011" anywhere this year. If anyone was going to do it, the hotel would've needed to have been reserved months ago and vendors signed up already - the timing is simply too late now for a CanJam 2011 to happen. You could try for RMAF though since there'll almost definitely be another installment of CanJam@RMAF in October.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #19 of 34
I would set it up, but I'm 3 1/2 hours away as it is. Need a local person to do it :)

Just call or go to the Parr Library in Plano and ask them about the meeting room. I'm not sure how it works, but they'll be able to help you. Once you've got the room, make a thread with a date. There aren't too many vendors in this part of the US, so you don't have to worry about contacting them to come, etc. Dallas meets are usually just APS (Alex) and all the members' rigs.

They have the tables and chairs and several power outlets around the room and a few in the middle as well. People just need to bring some snacks and their goods. Library opens at 9am and closes at 6pm I believe, so setup at 9am then tear down at 5pm at the latest.

If you have a different place you want to try feel free, but unless I'm mistaken I think the library's room is free since it is a public building and all. You'd certainly want to check that before reserving a time. There's room for about 20 people's rigs and ample room to move around even if there is enough people there to have that many rigs out. There's a fridge and prep area and bathrooms are nearby. If pabbi1 is able to come he's got a line on a great pizza place nearby we can take a collection for lunch for everyone.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Not to speak for anyone else officially but I seriously doubt there's going to be a "CanJam 2011" anywhere this year. If anyone was going to do it, the hotel would've needed to have been reserved months ago and vendors signed up already - the timing is simply too late now for a CanJam 2011 to happen. You could try for RMAF though since there'll almost definitely be another installment of CanJam@RMAF in October.

Good call, Asr. I had wondered about the delay in the announcement of the location, etc. Seems RMAF might be where I'm headed later this year. Colorado is certainly closer than NY or LA to Oklahoma anyways :)

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 34

Quote:
I would set it up, but I'm 3 1/2 hours away as it is. Need a local person to do it
smily_headphones1.gif

Just call or go to the Parr Library in Plano and ask them about the meeting room. I'm not sure how it works, but they'll be able to help you. Once you've got the room, make a thread with a date. There aren't too many vendors in this part of the US, so you don't have to worry about contacting them to come, etc. Dallas meets are usually just APS (Alex) and all the members' rigs.

They have the tables and chairs and several power outlets around the room and a few in the middle as well. People just need to bring some snacks and their goods. Library opens at 9am and closes at 6pm I believe, so setup at 9am then tear down at 5pm at the latest.

If you have a different place you want to try feel free, but unless I'm mistaken I think the library's room is free since it is a public building and all. You'd certainly want to check that before reserving a time. There's room for about 20 people's rigs and ample room to move around even if there is enough people there to have that many rigs out. There's a fridge and prep area and bathrooms are nearby. If pabbi1 is able to come he's got a line on a great pizza place nearby we can take a collection for lunch for everyone.

Well, I don't even have a ride there (or a car for that matter), so I don't know if I'll be there. If no one else is willing to set it up, I guess I could do it. Where is Alex? You guys said you contacted him like a month ago. Any replies? I saw the posts from last year, and it looked like a lot of fun.

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #22 of 34
Yeah I got a PM from him. He's been very busy with orders and has had a hectic time with his website and servers, of late. His is a fairly small operation so when big things come crashing down it's hard to keep up with the little things like meets, etc. As a person who works in a very specialized field with only 2 people at my shop, I understand completely, as frustrating as it might be to the rest of us.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #23 of 34

Quote:
Yeah I got a PM from him. He's been very busy with orders and has had a hectic time with his website and servers, of late. His is a fairly small operation so when big things come crashing down it's hard to keep up with the little things like meets, etc. As a person who works in a very specialized field with only 2 people at my shop, I understand completely, as frustrating as it might be to the rest of us.

Will he be able to come? I'll go ahead and try and call the library today and see what they say.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 34
Don't know, but he doesn't have to be there :wink: You can form a meet and get a group of people together and have a good time.

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #27 of 34

I'd have been up for this meet if I'd known about it. Luckily, someone PMed me about the Austin one. Thread is linked in my sig, hit it up. I'd love to get more people for this one.
Quote:
Anything ever come of this? Is anyone planning on a summer Dallas meet or did everyone decide to hit the Austin one instead?

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 34
Would love to be able to make the Austin meet, would get to visit a great town I've never been to and listen to awesome setups - unfortunately committed elsewhere until at least mid-May. If the Dallas meet is still possible this summer, please let me know - will have a bunch of new gear by then.

Meanwhile I'll look forward to the Austin meet impressions / wrap-up!

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #29 of 34

Get it organized, I'd gladly make the trek to Dallas with my gear (not much of it, but gear is gear).

Quote:
Would love to be able to make the Austin meet, would get to visit a great town I've never been to and listen to awesome setups - unfortunately committed elsewhere until at least mid-May. If the Dallas meet is still possible this summer, please let me know - will have a bunch of new gear by then.

Meanwhile I'll look forward to the Austin meet impressions / wrap-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back