IC: Calgary, Alberta
Jun 3, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #31 of 88
I would be OK with paying a few buck to help offset the cost of the room.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #33 of 88
Yay, announcement time.
atsmile.gif

I booked Meeting Room 1 at Calgary Public Library downtown on August 1, 2009 from 2:00PM to 5:00PM. I haven't gotten the invoice yet, so I can change it if anyone has a huge objection. Keep in mind that it's the long weekend. I don't know when they're supposed to email me the details, but I'll check with them next week if I haven't gotten it by tomorrow. The meeting room is $30/hr, so we'll have to split the ~$90 tab by however many people show up.

What say you? Now I have a real impetus to get some of my projects finished up.
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #34 of 88
How many people are talking about showing up? If there is 10 people that would be $10 a person approximately, I would be OK with that up to $15 or there about.

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #36 of 88
Count me in for sure.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #40 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for a Roll Call
beerchug.gif

I'm in for sure. Might have to buy more gear to bring!

To quote myself, I just ordered a pair of ATH-ESW9, so I will have a new piece of gear to share at the meet!
happy_face1.gif

Also, my girlfriend (who will be my fiancee by Aug 1st) will likely be attending with me. I figured I better get engaged now before she witnesses pure nerdism first hand!

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #41 of 88
I don't much in the way of "quality" gear but I'll bring my JVC DX-1's and my Philips HP910 so anyone wanting to see what budget-fi looks and sounds like will have a chance. Anyone know for sure what the cost will be for each of us, or is this why we're doing a role call?

Oh, I'll also bring my Monster Turbine IEM's, they are a little closer to hi-fi
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #42 of 88
We're taking a roll call just to get a better estimate of how much money to bring. $20 should be the absolute practical ceiling, but you never know how plans change last minute.

I've submitted the documentation, so now I'm just waiting for the invoice. For those interested, it will be in Meeting Room 1 from 2PM to 5PM, smack dab in the middle of the day. It's $30/hr, so it runs to $90 plus tax. Here's the terms of use for the meeting room. Please read it and make sure you don't cost me any fire hazard penalties and so on. Maybe I'll get you guys to sign a waiver.
tongue.gif
If someone can donate some duct tape so we can tape down any cords to the floor, that'd be great. If nobody has any, I'll get some.

The contract: http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid...on%2Fpdf&pli=1

I've found that most of the big, bad gear shows up at things like CanJam, New York meets, etc. I don't believe Alberta is really in the market for super fancy audio. I guess there are these guys. We're more concerned about making the Americans believe our meat and oil are safe for consumption.
tongue.gif

I have to admit that I myself don't have any super fancy gears. I have mostly "high value, low cost" equipment. I have my super-modded SR60s, my barely functional PIMETA v1.1 and in-progress v2. I'm still working on my Carrie amp, and sadly, the human Carrie won't be able to join us; she'll be on vacation with her family that weekend. (I showed it to her today, and she loved it. I feel so studly.
cool.gif
) Cross your fingers.

Anyway, that's the long of it. In short, I don't have too much to show, but it'll be cool just meeting you guys anyways and seeing what cool things you have to offer. I'll keep you updated about the room.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #43 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To quote myself, I just ordered a pair of ATH-ESW9, so I will have a new piece of gear to share at the meet!
happy_face1.gif

Also, my girlfriend (who will be my fiancee by Aug 1st) will likely be attending with me. I figured I better get engaged now before she witnesses pure nerdism first hand!

Congrats, man. Carrie's fully embraced my hobby, and that's a great feeling to have your significant other involved in your interest. I'm sure she's looking forward to it.

Cool beans.
cool.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #44 of 88
I wouldn't say I have super fancy gear, either. However, at the rate I'm going I'll probably be bringing Orpheus to the next meeting!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and talking about headphones most of all. The gear is an added bonus!

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #45 of 88
I wonder if we could get Axe music to come with some phones? They seem to be about the only local (Calgary area) place that seems to carry a fairly decent selection of phones (way more than the chain stores but still weak in comparison to what is out there). They also carry some different amps from what I hear, in fact I saw one hi-fi post where someone got a USB based DAC from them.

Just some food for thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back