IC: Black 30GB 5.5G iPod, Belkin case, PocketDock
May 29, 2007 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
I couldn't find a FS/IC section for DAP's. (copied/pasted from my ad over at the Audio T-Board)

Well folks, it may have been inevitable for such a hard-core MiniDisc person such as I, but I no longer really see the need to own an iPod. It's not that I don't like the device, it's just that I don't use it that much. I don't find it very portable (it's OK carrying it in a bag) but its lack of a remote makes it less useful.

The sound quality is just average, at best, OK for classical. Battery life is not great, maybe 10 hours if I don't shuffle any songs, probably more like 8 hours of continuous use.

I have had issues when plugging in the white USB to the tower, it often causes the PC to scream in agony, forcing me to disconenct the power supply and reboot. Weird.

The iPod is just, well, dull and boring. It's such an ambiquitous thing, now, they're everywhere. Wonderful UI but I find it skips, now and then, and sluggish. Podcasts are educational, but I don't find myself wanting nor needing to listen to stuff like that on headphones.

MiniDisc units are way cooler, have much better battery life, more flexible and versatile, and sound better. I am sure there are some DAP's that perform better than the iPod, but are they any less dull?

I would like to get $250 CDN, shipped within Canada. You get the pink Belkin case and PocketDock that allows access to the line out. PM me if interested.

May 30, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks. I saw that forum where it said "Source Components," didn't seem to fit. Anyway, I have lowered the price and it's an official FS thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back