iBasso T5 is available now
Oct 24, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 6
That's a good looking amp. It looks like a more refined E7...I'm sure it sounds like one too judging by iBasso's previous offerings. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 6
Why would it sound like an E7?  The E7 is a rather warm, smooth and airy amp. iBasso's house sound tends to be bright, and the T5's predecessor the T3 and the recent model D Zero being more on the bright side, doesn't sound like the E7 at all.

Also judging by the quoted figures, the T5 is significantly smaller (narrower) than the E7 - not as small as a T3 it seems but still smaller. I like what seems to be a dual headphone -- just like the E7.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 6
It looks like a more refined E7. I wasn't judging the sound at all as I've never heard an iBasso amp before (sadly). The buttons, the styling...More refined E7 just popped into my head. 

EDIT: Refined like the E7 is a beer and the T5 is a decent wine. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Why would it sound like an E7?  The E7 is a rather warm, smooth and airy amp. iBasso's house sound tends to be bright, and the T5's predecessor the T3 and the recent model D Zero being more on the bright side, doesn't sound like the E7 at all.

Also judging by the quoted figures, the T5 is significantly smaller (narrower) than the E7 - not as small as a T3 it seems but still smaller. I like what seems to be a dual headphone -- just like the E7.

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Did buy.

Also, since this thread is light on information...

This thing from its specs at least will go toe to toe with the top slim IEM amps.

It has something called BTL grounding, I guess it has 4 output devices and 4 buffers for L+, L-, R+, R- so it's quasi balanced or something...it's putting out twice as much power from this configuration.  Perhaps it's another term for active ground, not sure, I'm no good at this sort of thing.  Whatever it is, it looks to have some legit power output...

It has a digital volume control with 64 steps, this will be very nice with my various newly acquired IEMs.  I'm tired of the wheel of fail on my D-zero, although at that price, the D-zero is still pretty awesome, and it's a great sounding amp too.  

The case is a zinc main frame with steel panels for the top and bottom...should be durable.  Aluminum probably dings more easily than this case.  

Can't...stop...buying...iBasso stuff....comes...so...quickly...in the mail.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back