iBasso T4 with 120gb Ipod Classic?
Jan 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Firefighter

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this hi-fi over the ears thing. I'currently have Ipod Classic 120gb coupled with Sennheiser CX500 headphones. The sound quality is quite satisfactory, but sometimes I'm feeling that the Ipod needs more volume and Bass. So, I'm out in the market for a budget headphone amp. First thing I came across is the İbasso T4.

Would you guys recomend this little amp?

OH.. and 1 more question, I'm also using the apples' radio remote, and I'm thinking of pluging the amp to the radio remote since it is uses the line out so that I may not need to buy a seperate cable to use the lineout. Would that be effective?

Thanks

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefighter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this hi-fi over the ears thing. I'currently have Ipod Classic 120gb coupled with Sennheiser CX500 headphones. The sound quality is quite satisfactory, but sometimes I'm feeling that the Ipod needs more volume and Bass. So, I'm out in the market for a budget headphone amp. First thing I came across is the İbasso T4.

Would you guys recomend this little amp?

OH.. and 1 more question, I'm also using the apples' radio remote, and I'm thinking of pluging the amp to the radio remote since it is uses the line out so that I may not need to buy a seperate cable to use the lineout. Would that be effective?

Thanks

IIRC, the radio remote has a volume control on it and it's own on-board amp which is connected through the iPod Dock Connector port. There used to be a thread discussing the radio remote that made these observations, but I think it might have been for the older radio remote. I dunno...

As the Radio Remote connects to the iPod dock, an amp would need to be added between the radio remote and the headphones and would not add a true line out to the portable amp as you would be amping a signal that was meant for headphones.

If you don't want to mess with 2 volume controls (1 on Radio Remote, 1 on Amp), then you might consider just sticking a cheap E3 in the line between the radio remote and headphones. This should give you a good bump on volume and bass that you are looking for.

If you ditch the Radio Remote and get a Line Out Dock, you might do really well with the T4, (I don't have the T4, but I was more than happy with the T2 and an iPod Video), or you might check out the uber cheap Fiio E5 first. If the E5 don't do it for you, then the step up to T4 or even more expensive portable amps might be warranted.

Just my opinion! Cheers!

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
For the money, which in todays world isn't much, I would go with the T4. It is small, efficient and produces very good sound, if the source is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back