iBasso T1 problems
Jun 25, 2007 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yobs

100+ Head-Fier
First up - 1st post on head-fi :p. Been trawling around since January, and wow, wallet has felt the pain
frown.gif

<edit> 2nd post? No idea where my first was
biggrin.gif
</edit>

So I bought an iBasso T1 at some point. I've got one major gripe with the T1, being that it doesn't seem to be properly RF shielded (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_shielding).

Primarily, I use the T1 on public transport, so on a given trip, about 15 or so mobile (cell) phones will be receiving signals at some point, making the iBasso feed VERY loud static pulses into my mylar3s/ms-1s and into my unhappy ears
basshead.gif

Does anyone else have this problem, or better, does anyone know how to fix it? Would I have to open the amp and fix the grounding or something?

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 7
My T1 occasionally gives me loud noise in the express train, or even in the home use.
In most cases, holding or slight touching the amp with my fingers relieve the noise for a while... though I don't know the fundamental fix for the matter.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Actually, I ordered my T2 yesterday
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Came up with an interim solution (which may become permanent).

Bought Atrio m5s
etysmile.gif
. Hopefully sounds nicer than the amped Mylar x3s. Will be using them unamped from the 2nd gen nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back