iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Oct 18, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #91 of 1,046
I don’t get any CB15 cables in my box except you and @twister6 and thought only for reviewers (?). :hushed:

Yes, He is reviewer for HeadPie :wink:

Like I said I bought the SR1 because the design just like antique speakers using silicon rings and paper cones which are the basic of making good sound not like modernized speakers.

Focal Utopia mentioned about this unique suspension system but was using plastic and not silicones. I need to know more

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #92 of 1,046
Didn't realize we had a separate thread for SR1, sorry, I was posting some pictures and very first initial out-of-the-box impression in DX200 thread. Here are some of those pictures and copy'n'paste of what I wrote in there:

It's too early to talk about the sound, i'm sure these drivers need a lot of burn in. But straight out of the box the signature is actually pretty balanced, bass extend deep and feels visceral, mids have a nice body and surprisingly good natural retrieval of details, and treble is well controlled and natural as well. Soundstage is wide and open. I remember listening to these about 8 months ago at Canjam NYC, and they sounded on a warmer side. These production models are much better. The fit is comfortable, was afraid that at 420g might be a bit too heavy, but the weight distribution makes SR1 feel comfortable on my head. Also, the leather band (that's a real leather btw) has an adjustable height. I also received an optional CB15 cable which has 4.4mm termination. Also, comes with a nice hard shell storage case.

ibasso_sr1-x1.jpg ibasso_sr1-x2.jpg ibasso_sr1-x3.jpg ibasso_sr1-x4.jpg ibasso_sr1-x5.jpg

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #93 of 1,046
Didn't realize we had a separate thread for SR1, sorry, I was posting some pictures and very first initial out-of-the-box impression in DX200 thread. Here are some of those pictures and copy'n'paste of what I wrote in there:

It's too early to talk about the sound, i'm sure these drivers need a lot of burn in. But straight out of the box the signature is actually pretty balanced, bass extend deep and feels visceral, mids have a nice body and surprisingly good natural retrieval of details, and treble is well controlled and natural as well. Soundstage is wide and open. I remember listening to these about 8 months ago at Canjam NYC, and they sounded on a warmer side. These production models are much better. The fit is comfortable, was afraid that at 420g might be a bit too heavy, but the weight distribution makes SR1 feel comfortable on my head. Also, the leather band (that's a real leather btw) has an adjustable height. I also received an optional CB15 cable which has 4.4mm termination. Also, comes with a nice hard shell storage case.

Since I don’t have the CB15 cables 4.4 for amp8 and amp4s I am interested to hear your opinions about the SR1 after listening those above-mentioned amps and SR1 break-in. Thank you.

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #94 of 1,046
Since I don’t have the CB15 cables 4.4 for amp8 and amp4s I am interested to hear your opinions about the SR1 after listening those above-mentioned amps and SR1 break-in. Thank you.

It is more fun to listen during break-in. The privilege that only exists when buying new

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #95 of 1,046
Those look cool. FR looks similar to the QUAD ERA-1.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #97 of 1,046
Yes, He is reviewer for HeadPie

#headpiesucks

Wooaaa, I never would. Have expected, the SR-1 is actually Warm ! It leaks out as much as opened back, but it sounds like a closed back ! Lol

My first impressions were that it was fairly neutral. When paired up with the Amp 8 there was an added warmth which I though rounded out the sound quite nicely.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #98 of 1,046
Wooaaa, I never would. Have expected, the SR-1 is actually Warm ! It leaks out as much as opened back, but it sounds closer to a closed back ! Lol

Are you listening to them right now? What are you pairing it up with (source)?

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #101 of 1,046
Wooaaa, I never would. Have expected, the SR-1 is actually Warm ! It leaks out as much as opened back, but it sounds closer to a closed back ! Lol
Oh no...

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #102 of 1,046
I hope to give these a try later today at the local shop.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #103 of 1,046
#headpiesucks

My first impressions were that it was fairly neutral. When paired up with the Amp 8 there was an added warmth which I though rounded out the sound quite nicely.

*edit* was replying to @Whitigir , didn't realize I was quoting Damon :p

I wonder if you hear them warmer relative to your Stax? To my ears, they do sound smoother and more natural, but tonality is closer to neutral and the signature is more balanced with an equivalent emphasis on lows, mids, treble. I do agree, they leak sound almost like open back, yet when you put them on and turn the music up - you get sound isolation like a closed back. Also, in comparison to another open back I use occasionally, ATH-R70x, the sound is open but the staging/imaging is more focused and not as wide as R70x. I would have LOVED to have SR1 Closed back version cause I'm really enjoying the sound, while my wife and kids give me dirty looks and tell me to turn it down :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back