iBasso P1 Problems?
May 13, 2007 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aaronylee

Head-Fier
Has anyone else with this amp experienced problems?

Every time I pick it up or I slightly disturb it, the sound will go either to mono or to a very loud buzzing noise.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem and if they had, what I should do to fix it.

Thanks!

May 13, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 15
I haven't had a problem with mine but the internal wires on 4 points are easy to break (the solder points). I would still open it up and make sure the board is secured into the bottom board correctly and check for any loose junctions. Also email iBasso.

May 13, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 15
I had nothing but problems with mine. If you are using the IC that came with the iBasso try changing it and see what happens.

I had the same problem you are having. I replaced the iBasso IC and that problem went away. I also had problems with a loose line-out socket and bad connection on the volume pot.

The amp has beautiful sound just not very good build quality IMHO.

May 26, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronylee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I thought from the looks of it, that the IC was really nice. I gotta find myself another IC to use...

The IC is definitely all looks. I ordered one of these in April based on reports in the forum. I started off with the sorts of problems you describe (but I initially blamed my new TURBOdock instead of the amp). However, it didn't take long to isolate the problem as the IC that came with it.

I replaced it with a cheap and ugly Radio Shack cable, and that works perfectly.

May 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 15
I have had a major problem with the P1 also. I'm in the process of returning mine for a refund now.

The battery doesn't hold charge well. I have charged it plugged in (since it has overcharge protection) for 10 hours, and it will sound distorted at medium volume after two hours or so.

Not satisfied at all.

May 27, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 15
I had several problems with 2 separate units. The IC problem, a charging problem like you mention and the out-put socket was loose as well as the vol. pot. Be sure the battery's (the battery pack) is not moving around in the case. My first amp came and the battery pack was moving around inside the case pretty good.

RE: charging, maybe you can isolate the problem a little more. Try to test or get tested the charging unit to see if works or is something wrong with the amp.

Great SQ poor QC.

May 28, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 15
yes I don't remember the specifics but you want to use the multimeter to verify the voltage coming out of the charger. Another member, ICU, is the one who suggested this to me but I don't have a meter so I just sold the amp..to him
smily_headphones1.gif

The charger should have a plate on it or some information stamped on it that gives the output.

May 29, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #13 of 15
I'm having the same charging problem with mine, but I still get 7-8h usage out of it before it needs another charge. The blue charging light never disappears even after 48h of charging.

Is it the AC adapter or batteries that are bad on these units?

May 29, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 15
Oh wow. I didn't think it was such a prevalent problem! My blue light never disappears either, however I only get 2-3 hours before the white light goes away. After the light goes away the unit works, but the sound is very distorted above the 50% volume.

Keep me updated!

May 29, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 15
The blue light just faintly flickered on mine then would go out. I would leave it on the charger for 15 hours and get 2 hours of playing time.

I wonder how many other iBasso P-1 users have problems?

It may be the charger, the wiring, the charging circuit or the batteries??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back