ibasso P1 or Practical Devices XM4 or Zero Audiocraft for Senns HD595 (50 Ohms)???
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thetargetarcher

New Head-Fier
Looking at the iBasso P1, Zero Audiocraft and the Xm4 to go with my HD-595s.

Read that you can roll the Op amps in them. Is this just a case of pulling the original out and plugging in the new one?

MrScary has said that the AD823an works well in the Practical Devices XM4 with the HD595.

If the opamps were changed in the ibasso and Zero Audiocraft to AD823an, which would be the better amp to go for, assuming that the XM4 is also changed to a AD823an opamp?

XM4 costs a bit more but has variable crossfeed, bass boost etc.

iBasso P1 is cheaper but does it have a better sound with the Senns 595s?

Zero Audiocraft is the cheapest but doesn't have DC.

Which one out of them would you recommend I go for to pair with my HD-595s?

Feb 27, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't heard the others but I do have the P1 and it performs at a much higher level than the cost of the amp. I have found that on a good amp crossfeed is not needed except for something like the older recordings that put everything in each speaker.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetargetarcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at the iBasso P1, Zero Audiocraft and the Xm4 to go with my HD-595s.

Read that you can roll the Op amps in them. Is this just a case of pulling the original out and plugging in the new one?

MrScary has said that the AD823an works well in the Practical Devices XM4 with the HD595.

If the opamps were changed in the ibasso and Zero Audiocraft to AD823an, which would be the better amp to go for, assuming that the XM4 is also changed to a AD823an opamp?

XM4 costs a bit more but has variable crossfeed, bass boost etc.

iBasso P1 is cheaper but does it have a better sound with the Senns 595s?

Zero Audiocraft is the cheapest but doesn't have DC.

Which one out of them would you recommend I go for to pair with my HD-595s?

For the 823an to drive the 595's with good bass you need to either up the bass about 6db manually with an eq or if you have a real working bass boost button it will sound great remember one thing with the 823an it has a very low ma output so you need to insure that your amp you buy has a high DB output as the AD823 is rail to rail
the Xm4 will do 23db the way around this is with buffering but then you add in a larger expense and probably cannot amp roll Im hoping that the XM5 will retain its ability for amp rolling an be buffered.. I just put a pari of627's in the XM4 they are my new favorite but man they are expensive

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 6
For the 595's I'd go with the XM4, since the bass boost will be useful, and it's well implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back