iBasso IT05
Apr 7, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #18 of 37
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 37
Thanks! Ha, that clearly supports my perception of the IT05 being a mid focused IEM with not so much bass quantity. I am still confused why some here in this thread have perceived the bass as elevated? I had a listen at E-Earphone again last week and the bass was definitely the opposite of „boosted“.
For me also bass is a little weak.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #20 of 37
Finally a review: https://twister6.com/2023/04/19/ibasso-it05/

This reflects my own feelings towards this IEM very well!
Just once more I cannot hear the "deep sub bass"? This IEM really seem to have a very different perception of bass depending on person...
I am wondering if I maybe used the wrong tips...?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 37
When I got the IT05, my initial peeves were the lean, tinny, and nasal vocals and bass quantity that was lower than what I like. Bass quality is excellent, with nice texture and slam, but lacking resolution is the sub-bass regions. Overall, I found the tonality to be on the cold side, but what impressed me was the micro-detail retrieval in the vocals especially. This was all on the stock silver filter. I switched to the black filter, which added the missing warmth, bass quantity, and gave vocals the body that they missed, but it killed some of that outstanding detail.

Eventually, I settled on the silver filters with w ePro horn-shaped tips, which to me seem to add euphonics to whatever earphone they are installed on.

Furthermore, the IT05 (and IT07 to an even greater degree) has outstanding synergy with AMP13 for iBasso's own DX320 DAP. In IT05's case, it makes up for the silver filter's shortcomings without being as hard on the detail up top as the black filters are.

Apr 24, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #22 of 37
Finally a review: https://twister6.com/2023/04/19/ibasso-it05/

This reflects my own feelings towards this IEM very well!
Just once more I cannot hear the "deep sub bass"? This IEM really seem to have a very different perception of bass depending on person...
I am wondering if I maybe used the wrong tips...?
I think I DID in fact have no proper seal (wrong tips) when I tried them before!
Today, I gave them another chance at E-Earphone in Tokyo and played around a lot with tips and filters. And in deed: I could finally hear proper bass response!
Actually I started to really like them now, so much that I straight bought them! Second hand - for a really good price, so I couldn`t resist. :)

Twister`s review is right about everything that is written about them.
I think because they sit very flush and loose in the ear (at least in my ear), the right tip choice is mandatory to get a proper seal!
And just as he writes - craftmanship is honestly wonderful with these...still can`t believe their price!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #23 of 37
One thing about the IT05 that has not been mentioned yet: I realized unfortunately it really is a hiss detector and very sensitive! Dead silence source is very important with this IEM! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #24 of 37
One thing about the IT05 that has not been mentioned yet: I realized unfortunately it really is a hiss detector and very sensitive! Dead silence source is very important with this IEM! :sweat_smile:
Very true. I have no idea why they added a balanced cable to the box when the IT05 is so sensitive.
I cannot use it with Hiby R8. But it works just fine with DX320 (AMP13) and BTR5.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #25 of 37
Jan 25, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #26 of 37
Anyone infos on these? :)
IMG_7830.png

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #27 of 37
I'd like to know, too. I haven't seen any word about those two new models anywhere.

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #28 of 37
I'd like to know, too. I haven't seen any word about those two new models anywhere.
TWO new models? Do you mean the DAP and the earphones? The DAP is officially announced! DX260! :)

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #29 of 37
TWO new models? Do you mean the DAP and the earphones? The DAP is officially announced! DX260! :)
No, there are two new earphone models released for the anniversary. One is a hybrid electrostat and the other a single DD, I believe.

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #30 of 37
No, there are two new earphone models released for the anniversary. One is a hybrid electrostat and the other a single DD, I believe.
Cool! Are there pictures of the second one?:dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back