ibasso it01 vs 1more triple driver?
Dec 22, 2018 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AgentJ

Head-Fier
I literally just got my 1morr triples today before finding out about these iBasso which sound pretty intriguing.

Just wondering if they're a really that good and if I should consider returning the 1mores? Haven't seen much comparison between them

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 12
I have both.

I would advise you to return the 1more triples, even though they sound good and come in a fancy box and, to also return the ibasso iT01 and buy Anew U1.

I have all 3 and the Anew U1 from penon.com is the better of the 3, but comes at a slightly higher price.

If it was a straight shoot between the 1more triples and iT01, I would choose the iBasso’s, but for shear good looks and quality I would chose the 1more triples.

1, For music, choose the Anew U1 or iBasso iT01. The ibasso has a nice cable, but the anews cable beats the ibasso’s.

2, For bling looks, choose the black and gold 1more triples, also the ibasso and anew’s don’t come with an inline microphone, which the 1more triples do.

So, it depends, if you only want music, choose number 1, any one of those two will do. However, if you want an all rounder, music, answering the phone and volume controls, choose the triple.

They are all good iem’s, it just depends on your needs.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for thr response!

Can you say why the sound is better with the iBasso What's so different about it and in terms of quality did you mean build quality or just like how the 1more has a lot of metal vs plastic in the design?

I'm leaning to return and get the iBasso. Am I right in thinking I can just buy a MMCX cable with an inline mic? I do like the design of the 1more but I think I'd rather have build quality (I've never had an IEM last me more than a year) and then sound as my priority

I'm only considering the iBasso as I've found it used for the same price as the 1more.

Dec 23, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for thr response!

Can you say why the sound is better with the iBasso What's so different about it and in terms of quality did you mean build quality or just like how the 1more has a lot of metal vs plastic in the design?

I'm leaning to return and get the iBasso. Am I right in thinking I can just buy a MMCX cable with an inline mic? I do like the design of the 1more but I think I'd rather have build quality (I've never had an IEM last me more than a year) and then sound as my priority

I'm only considering the iBasso as I've found it used for the same price as the 1more.

If we leave the Anew U1’s out of the equation and just speak about the 1more triples and iBasso iT01.

In terms of build quality, the 1more triple do seem to have a more solid feel and look about them, it doesn’t automatically mean they have a good build quality, but in this case the 1more’s do, plus they are blingy and you get an excellent selection of items in the box.

The iBasso’s are mmcx as you say, and they will normally connect with any mmcx cable out there but, some cables are not a good fit, some may not fit at all. However, 95% of all replacement cables out there will have no problems connecting to the iBasso iT01.

For the price of a new pair of 1more triples, you should be able to get a brand new pair of iBasso iT01’s, they are both more or less £100/$100. They both compete in the same price range, 100 or under whatevers.

I can’t remember what my 1more triples sounded like, as it’s been 2 years since I last used them. But I cleary remember being more impressed with the v shaped sound from the ibasso’s.

The ibasso’s have the better sound in my opinion, they have a nice helping of bass, slightly recessed mids and clear highs. It’s a fun iem, plus it has a very nice cable and tin

Both are good and both compete in the 100 or less category, but if I had to judge on sound alone, iBasso would be the one I’d buy.

Get the black pair as the red and blue ones look meh. The red and blue look only works on tfz king pro’s. :)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 12
If we leave the Anew U1’s out of the equation and just speak about the 1more triples and iBasso iT01.

In terms of build quality, the 1more triple do seem to have a more solid feel and look about them, it doesn’t automatically mean they have a good build quality, but in this case the 1more’s do, plus they are blingy and you get an excellent selection of items in the box.

The iBasso’s are mmcx as you say, and they will normally connect with any mmcx cable out there but, some cables are not a good fit, some may not fit at all. However, 95% of all replacement cables out there will have no problems connecting to the iBasso iT01.

For the price of a new pair of 1more triples, you should be able to get a brand new pair of iBasso iT01’s, they are both more or less £100/$100. They both compete in the same price range, 100 or under whatevers.

I can’t remember what my 1more triples sounded like, as it’s been 2 years since I last used them. But I cleary remember being more impressed with the v shaped sound from the ibasso’s.

The ibasso’s have the better sound in my opinion, they have a nice helping of bass, slightly recessed mids and clear highs. It’s a fun iem, plus it has a very nice cable and tin

Both are good and both compete in the 100 or less category, but if I had to judge on sound alone, iBasso would be the one I’d buy.

Get the black pair as the red and blue ones look meh. The red and blue look only works on tfz king pro’s. :)
Thanks again!

I get you. The more I think about it, the more I want that replaceable cable. It makes sense - I can replace it if it breaks, add a mic if I need to, even add a BT receiver if my next phone doesn't have a jack. I wasn't sold on the plastic or even the design (over ear) of the iBasso, but if the sound is that much better then I think I'll manage.

I was looking for something similar to my previous Fiio EX1 - vshaped and fun but not too bright in the treble, and some more bass punch. The 1more seem to deliver that but I'm not sure if the bass is too boomy (and seems to be even more boomy now I've read comments complaining about it haha).

I'm gonna order them and compare myself, but I think I'm gonna stick with the iBasso. Both are about 60£ used which is a pretty good deal and I'm sure I'll love the decision.

Thanks so much for helping me! Seems like a lot of previous 1more users were underwhelmed and since moved on to something else

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 12
I have the IT01 and the 1More Triple and Quad Drivers and I listen to the IT01’s more. Not that the 1Mores are bad just tend to like the V shaped IT01’s more for what I listen to at the time.

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 12
I have the IT01 and the 1More Triple and Quad Drivers and I listen to the IT01’s more. Not that the 1Mores are bad just tend to like the V shaped IT01’s more for what I listen to at the time.

Can you explain a bit more on how the sound differs as I was under the impression the 1more were V-shaped? Or like U shaped

Will the iBasso have more recessed or more emphasis on the mids/vocals? And how is the bass?

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 12
Give me a minute to find them and I’ll give you my impressions .

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 12
This was just a quick listen and hard to tell as the IT01’s are so much more sensitive and had to turn up the volume for the 1Mores that it hard to judge. For the quick impression I just used one song alt-J “In Cold Blood” from my QP1R and neither had the mids sucked out the highs and lows were better on the IT01’s and the mids was a wash for me both were good. If you asked me which I preferred to listen to not a problem the IT01’s .

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 12
love my IT01's so much. sound is amazing. Bought a killer balanced cable for them on ali and run them on my onkyo dp-s1. Such a great portable combo.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #11 of 12
Hi @AgentJ,

Honestly, depends on you, personally & subjectively, I prefer the IT 01 over the 1More Triple, especially for that wow factor where sound quality is concerned.
There is a better dynamic range across the sound spectrum with IT 01 compared to 1More Triples.
I myself almost bought the Triples a few times before I decided to go for the IT 01.
The IT 01 is on my weekly to montly rotation of IEMs I regularly listen to.

Hope you have a great day !

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #12 of 12
This was just a quick listen and hard to tell as the IT01’s are so much more sensitive and had to turn up the volume for the 1Mores that it hard to judge. For the quick impression I just used one song alt-J “In Cold Blood” from my QP1R and neither had the mids sucked out the highs and lows were better on the IT01’s and the mids was a wash for me both were good. If you asked me which I preferred to listen to not a problem the IT01’s .
So you're saying 1more Quad Driver is not better than iBasso IT01. Can you let me know the negatives of quad driver please.
And did the Quad driver sound muddy at first!?
How is the soundstage and detail in Quad driver. Can you please please let me know!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back