iBasso IT01 in June 2020
Jun 18, 2020 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

utzcertified

New Head-Fier
Is the iBasso IT01 (not IT01s) still a good buy today at more than its original asking price? I've been looking for IEMs at the < £150 mark to use with Fiio UTWS1 Bluetooth adapters. The UTWS1s are coming with MMCX connectors, and although I could get 2-pin to MMCX adapters, it would be simpler, cheaper, and neater to use natively MMCX-connected IEMs. As I mentioned in another thread, I'd prefer getting something via Amazon UK for returns/customer service/speed reasons, and I'd also like IEMs that look fairly discreet.

This ends up limiting my options quite a bit, and I'm now wondering if the iBasso IT01 would be a decent buy at £123. That's more than they originally sold for in 2018, and I wonder if they've been massively overtaken by recent competitors or whether that still represents a good buy. Could anyone give some advice? And will the iBassos play nice with the UTWS1s, relative to competitors? (Their sensitivity is 108dB; Fiio says there may be a 'soft rustling' sound with earphones above 105dB sensitivity.) What I've heard about the iBasso's sound is appealing to me. I listen mostly to hip hop, electronic/house and alternative/indie rock music.

--

Further information if helpful:

If I forget about MMCX, that opens up the Shozy Form 1.1 at £73 or the Ikko OH1 at £130.

If I forget about discreetness, that opens up the Moondrop Starfields at £84, or the ThieAudio Legacy 3s at £129. But as much as I love what I've heard about the sound of both of these IEMs, I find the design of both too much. I could get L3s via Linsoul with custom colour (not shape) but that would bump up the cost and wait time considerably. Maybe it's still worth it though: I wouldn't like to buy more IEMs for several years. I could also wait for the Moondrop KXXX but I doubt they will be available quickly on Amazon UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back