iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #32 of 3,079
First review of the iBasso IT01 is up.
Enjoy reading everyone! :)
It is indeed a winner considering its price.

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/21/ibasso-it01/

photo_2017-11-21_23-59-43.jpg

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #37 of 3,079
First review of the iBasso IT01 is up.
Enjoy reading everyone! :)
It is indeed a winner considering its price.

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/21/ibasso-it01/

photo_2017-11-21_23-59-43.jpg
After finding out that these do even better with a long break in time I have left mine on 24/7. I can say with confidence that after 200 hours or more, they sound even better. The frequency response evens out and the detail increases as does a fast bass response and a more expansive soundstage presentation. Quite surprised actually.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #40 of 3,079
i thing the main goal is to dethrone the king
It really depends on personal preference I must say. I have access to many iems and got to admit that the IT01 is that good for its price.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #41 of 3,079
Another player enters. How would the IT01 compare to the pioneer se-ch9t?
I only have an indirect comparison from Pr0b3r :

"Not much of an expert in describing sound but I'll try to list down the obvious differences I noticed.

Subbass: IT03 is still the best in this department. I have been looking for other IEMs (budget to mid) which has an equally competitive subbass but have not found anything so far. CH9T's subbass isn't that bad. You'll still feel a deep rumble when needed but not as deep and powerful as the IT03.

Midbass: I feel that the CH9T has a better quality thump in the midbass than the IT03.

Overall bass: CH9T has more boom and is a bit faster than the IT03. Though there is this surprise factor from the subbass of the IT03 when it suddenly crawls up from the deepest frequencies and make its way when the song needs it. I'm still impressed everytime.

Mids: Guitars and vocals sound more upfront in the CH9T than the IT03. Not that the latter has recessed vocals, they're just about neutral I think. Guitar riffs got a bit more texture on the CH9T.

Treble: IT03 sounds a bit brighter in general. Upper mids to treble sometimes has the tendency to get hot. CH9T is smoother than IT03 but not generally smooth. Both have good definition in details and extension. I feel that the IT03 has bit more air here.

Headstage/Soundstage: IT03 has more width and depth than the CH9T. Still, the CH9T doesn't feel enclosed or too intimate at all. Probably also due to the DAP I'm using (Opus#1) which has good soundstage qualities."

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #43 of 3,079
The cable is surprising as is the case that will protect them. It is slightly padded on the inside so very practical.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #45 of 3,079
Do you find the fit to be comfortable enough for wearing them for long hours? How is the isolation?
I hadn't thought about the comfort of the cable. I don't notice them at all. lol That is a good thing also, wow, right, they are unnoticed by me. I have some really expensive cables that I won't use because of the comfort issue. Isolation is very good. I often take IEM's to the movies and listen to music until the movie starts as I get tired of the trailers. I took these the other day when I went to see Justice League, which I enjoyed, and they sealed great. I was able to listen to music and heard very little intrusion from the trailers. I don't think I would walk around on the street with these because I like to here some of the traffic noise etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back