iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Sep 5, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #2,626 of 3,079
Other users, as well as myself, have already claimed that there is driver flex on these. It just probably depends on each of our own ear anatomy, style of fit or ear tips whether we would get the flex or not. As for using them on the gym, I'd say these are good since they sound fun/musical to me and would fit typical music genres for workout like EDM, rock, etc.

I actually did get some driver flex with IT04 once or twice, but strangely, not with IT01. As you say though, I am using a slower insertion method :)

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #2,627 of 3,079
I've got to give great credit to advancedmp3players.co.uk, they replaced my IT01, albeit under warranty, with no fuss and a very quick turnaround. I returned it Friday, by Tuesday they'd refunded my insured postage and today Fedex delivered my replacement. So will have to do burn in again. I'm so happy to have the IT01 back again. :) Hopefully the connectors won't loosen off again.

20180906_001216.jpg

EDIT: Now unboxed and opened just the bag with my favourite large size wide bore silicone tips.
Man, these just make me smile so hard. I had to go back to my vsonics for a few days while this was being sorted, and though they're good, they're so thin compared to these. I guess if the vsonics are V shaped and the IT01 is U shaped, I definitely prefer U shaped.

Straight out of the box, that now familiar to me solid, full, deep, ever so punchy bass, gorgeous mids and smooth detailed treble clarity is simply luscious and irresistible. I'm not even sure these sound different from my others which would have had a few hours of burn in. In other words, does burn in really change things. I don't know. But these sound great. And so nice to hear two solid clicks when connecting the cable! Like my previous IT01, these fit my ears like a glove. I love the way they just slot in so comfortably and aren't loose in my ears either :)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #2,629 of 3,079
would these run well with hiby r6, I love a sound similar to the newer vmoda wireless 2 codex.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,630 of 3,079
We can avoid the flex by proper method of fitting. What I do is I first apply pressure on the lateral sides of my ear canal while slowly inserting the nozzle. Once it's deep enough, I let go and check if there's a good seal already. If still not, apply the pressure again on any side and slowly insert more. I don't get any flex with this method at all. I only do experience flex whenever the insertion was rushed.

Glad that works for you, but I get driver flex with most gross movement, absolutely any contact with the earpiece once it's in my ear, and most facial movement. I usually cannot hear it over the music, but sometimes I can. It hasn't affected performance, but I worry about long-term durability. I've never experienced driver flex this severe before.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #2,631 of 3,079
Glad that works for you, but I get driver flex with most gross movement, absolutely any contact with the earpiece once it's in my ear, and most facial movement. I usually cannot hear it over the music, but sometimes I can. It hasn't affected performance, but I worry about long-term durability. I've never experienced driver flex this severe before.

That sounds like an extremely serious case of driver flex. I would be bothered too if I hear those by just moving my head. Have you tried using other ear tips?

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #2,632 of 3,079
That sounds like an extremely serious case of driver flex. I would be bothered too if I hear those by just moving my head. Have you tried using other ear tips?

I have, but no luck. I haven't pursued it too much, because it's mostly in one earpiece (regardless of which ear I put it in).

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,634 of 3,079
I have, but no luck. I haven't pursued it too much, because it's mostly in one earpiece (regardless of which ear I put it in).
Please feel free to contact me at my email. It is possible that a vent is slightly plugged that is near the nozzle. This would keep the air from venting during movement which could cause extra flex of the driver.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #2,635 of 3,079
Please feel free to contact me at my email. It is possible that a vent is slightly plugged that is near the nozzle. This would keep the air from venting during movement which could cause extra flex of the driver.

Thanks, Paul. I'll see if the vent is blocked somehow.

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2,637 of 3,079
To all it01 owners, what significant changes have you realised after 200 hours of burn in? Because I returned mine back fairly quickly after a couple weeks of use and found the mids to be a weak point. However everything else was absolutely astounding for the price.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #2,638 of 3,079
How do the dunu 1000 compare to the it01?

Better in everyway. Deeper lower bass, more detailed mids and treble due to BA drivers. Higher extended treble. More comfortable. Using with foamies affects the sound less. Only con is that mids are more recessed than IT01 but depends on your preference.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,639 of 3,079
Better in everyway. Deeper lower bass, more detailed mids and treble due to BA drivers. Higher extended treble. More comfortable. Using with foamies affects the sound less. Only con is that mids are more recessed than IT01 but depends on your preference.
I found the it01s thin sounding in the mids and a bit recessed, when I compared the mids of the fh1 to the it01, the fh1s sounded much better in comparison with more full, natural voices and more focus on vocals which I like. If there was anyway to increase the body of the sound and have more forward mids I would repurchase them without hesitation.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #2,640 of 3,079
I found the it01s thin sounding in the mids and a bit recessed, when I compared the mids of the fh1 to them it sounded much better in comparison with more full, natural voices and more focus on vocals which I like. If there was anyway to increase the body of the sound and have more forward mids I would really repurchase them without hesitation.

The dunu is not for you then as it has even thinner presentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back