iBasso + iPod + Super.fi 5 Pro worth it?
Mar 28, 2007 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maverick777

Head-Fier
Currently I'm using an 80gb iPod and Super.fi 5 Pro's as my portable rig. Is this setup worth amping? I really like the look of the iBasso T1 and especially the price, but will I notice a difference?

Will I notice when I use my A900's? I know that the iPod is not the greatest source in the world and the 2 headphones I have aren't the most responsive to amping, but I figured I'd ask since the iBasso is so attractively priced.

Thanks for the help and don't worry about me wallet
etysmile.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 3
From what I have read around here, you wont need an amp for your setup, so you wont notice a night/day difference like you will with hard to drive headphones like hd650/k701, but you could notice slight differences like improved soundstage/bass. So its up to you to decide whether only slight differences is worth it to you.

One last thing, if you use the line-out of your ipod, you will also experience an improvement in sound quality. Not night/day, but its still there.

Its all subjective, but for the price, I would just pick up a T1 and get a decent LOD from ALO or Turbo (around 50 bucks).

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madgravity34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I have read around here, you wont need an amp for your setup, so you wont notice a night/day difference like you will with hard to drive headphones like hd650/k701, but you could notice slight differences like improved soundstage/bass. So its up to you to decide whether only slight differences is worth it to you.

One last thing, if you use the line-out of your ipod, you will also experience an improvement in sound quality. Not night/day, but its still there.

Its all subjective, but for the price, I would just pick up a T1 and get a decent LOD from ALO or Turbo (around 50 bucks).

he's said it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back