iBasso import charges to UK
Oct 15, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 19
Import duty in the US is usually quite low (5-6%) and we don't pay sales tax.

We only pay sales tax on goods soled within the state we live, in my case Texas,

If I buy something from California I pay no sales tax. Ditto out of country.

I bought a guitar from Romania with a declared valur of 900.00 and was not charged duty.

OTOH we've had to live with Republican rule for 8 years

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OTOH we've had to live with Republican rule for 8 years

Yeah, you really drew a short straw with the bunch of incompetents you've got in the White House, who'd be criminals if they weren't politicians, although we in the UK can't boast, we voted for Tony Blair three times.

Sorry, I know this is off topic.
smile.gif

At least you have a thinker:-

The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.

[size=xx-small]D Rumsfeld (2002)[/size]

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #18 of 19
Swings and roundabouts, example lets say your a bum living on the streets in the UK and you need medical care, you've probably paid nothing in national insurance all your life but your still get medical care regardless.

People in the US have to pay $1000's in medical bills if there sick or they wont be entertained.

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Swings and roundabouts, example lets say your a bum living on the streets in the UK and you need medical care, you've probably paid nothing in national insurance all your life but your still get medical care regardless.

People in the US have to pay $1000's in medical bills if there sick or they wont be entertained.

Actually if your a bum here you will get excellent emergency care at a community hospital, funded by the taxpayer.
It is our middle class in jobs w/o insurance that are hurting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back