Ibasso Dx90 Audio tuning issue 1to 90 volume could not hear able at all.
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Anu kharmate

New Head-Fier
Hi. I Brought Ibasso Dx90 and JVC HA-FX850 Last week . .I never heard Dx90 before. I dont know on which level Dx90's Sound open up.i noticed that 0 to 89 or 90. volume is so low like nothing playing (zero audio:speaker:). I not expected it on that level,really not hear able at all.but When volume turu above volume level 90  once. Volume wheel working fine. it working like regular :loud_sound:.Is it Dx90's natural behavior(sounded very low like nothing below 1 to 90.and 70 is not hearable) is it is Dx90's Physical Defect.? Please Help me and please tell me if you know.(on 1 to 90 it's not at all audible ... Is it normal with Dx90?

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 10
I Using Phone in port with Fx850. See what happens.When i play any track On Dx90 '0 to 90' volume its not audible at all (like nothing playing inside 'zero audio'.complete dark background :mute:) ...is it Dx90's normal behavior. I expect something( little) volume on 0 to 90. But its just Quit.:speak_no_evil::mute:.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Yes i'll try but Is it Dx90's natural behavior(completely Quite below 1 to 90 on low gain.i use fx850 with it.First time i connect it to line out which is on bottom right side. But next day i read that LINE OUT is for amp. then i plugged out FX850 from LINE OUT and plug in to Phone Port.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 10
I'm really not sure what the problem is. The OP has PM'd me, asking the same thing, and keeps insisting on using 0-90 volume on low gain while it's possible for the dx90 to go up to 255 volume with THREE GAIN SETTINGS. Obviously it's going to be inaudible if you only use the lowest portions of the dx90's digital volume.

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #6 of 10
Hi.

To be fair to the OP, I too want to understand why the dx90 volume range is virtually redundant up to about 100 - 120 (at least when using my Shure SE535 IEM's and using medium gain - I have never used low gain yet).  I have mentioned this on another thread but no one has replied.  It just seems a strange waste of volume dial.  Couldn't they have just had, for example, 150 steps in total?  I have emailed i basso about this and they simply said that with very sensitive IEM's the lower end of the volume scale can be used and heard.  However, I would have thought the Shure SE535's are fairly sensitive in comparison to a lot of IEM's (they are 36 ohms impedance and 119 db SPL sensitivity).

I only play FLAC files which I have ripped from my cd collection at 16 bit/44 khz.  Whilst the Shure SE535 and dx90 combination sounds fantastic and natural (especially for good source recordings), I find that even for the best original source recordings that I have to have the volume above about 170 to get the best out of the combination, and that is not a deafening level.  And for lower quality/quieter source recordings, such as many 70's and 80's cd's I have to turn the volume to around 190 plus to get a good response, using medium gain.  I have cleaned the IEM's too once, although I haven't owned either the dx90 or the IEM's very long yet.

Could it be that I have a faulty dx90?  

It would be great to get someone's thoughts on this.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #7 of 10
I was wondering if anyone has any more thoughts on this point. I know it depends on what IEM's and gain level (I tend to use medium in the main) but do people generally have to play the DX90 about 185 volume to get a decent sound? Obviously recordings vary but I generally find with my SE535's that I have to go above 185 to get a good listening experience. Thanks.

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8 of 10
I was wondering if anyone has any more thoughts on this point. I know it depends on what IEM's and gain level (I tend to use medium in the main) but do people generally have to play the DX90 about 185 volume to get a decent sound? Obviously recordings vary but I generally find with my SE535's that I have to go above 185 to get a good listening experience. Thanks.

Yes, 185 is normal for average listening on DX90 or DX50. With iBasso DX80 the volume only goes from 0-150 so they lost that 100 where some lower levels were inaudible.

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 10
For whatever it's worth my typical listening level is 230 on low gain with either my AD01 or Sony MDR-EX650 T's.  But then again, I like to listen on the loud side!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 10

it also depends on sensitivity of the headphones / IEMs. with my Heir 8 I am listening at 130 - 145.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back