iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 13, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #6,046 of 6,795
That is driving it at a pretty good current draw so that could account for the faster drain. If you don't use it for a day do you see much if any drain from the battery from 100%. That is what I look for. 

Good point, don't know. I did fully charge it today and vey shorty after it was down to 97% even though I'd not used it. Also it charged to full very quickly which makes we wonder if the capacity is as much as it should be

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #6,049 of 6,795
  Has anyone experienced the player shutting down and restarting when trying to rescan a memory card?
Just stuck a new 128gb card in and cannot get it to scan.

Can't say I've experienced that. What format is the card in?

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #6,050 of 6,795
  If I do get my DX80 for Christmas.  What format should I use for the micro sd cards?

Leaving them in exFAT is just fine. FAT32 shouldn't cause any problems either as some other people are using their DX80 with that format as well.

I'm using exFAT (1x 128 GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD, 1x 200 GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD) and haven't encountered any issues with that so far.

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #6,051 of 6,795

Leaving them in exFAT is just fine. FAT32 shouldn't cause any problems either as some other people are using their DX80 with that format as well.

I'm using exFAT (1x 128 GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD, 1x 200 GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD) and haven't encountered any issues with that so far.

Would I be able to use one Fat 32 and one ex-Fat both with the DX80 at the same time?  I messed up when formatting my cards for my Fiio X5.  I will get new cards, but won't be able to use them until after my Christmas travels when I get home. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #6,052 of 6,795
Would I be able to use one Fat 32 and one ex-Fat both with the DX80 at the same time?  I messed up when formatting my cards for my Fiio X5.  I will get new cards, but won't be able to use them until after my Christmas travels when I get home. 

This should be possible, however I assume that the player might probably prefer to have a uniform card format to work best. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested this scenario.

How did you mess up? Re-formatting the cards should be a rather easy task.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #6,053 of 6,795

This should be possible, however I assume that the player might probably prefer to have a uniform card format to work best. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested this scenario.

Okay.  I used 3rd party software and put the micro sd cards in my computer one at a time and wasn't paying attention.  I tried formatting them several times in my X5 and it didn't work so Fiio told me to use a 3rd party software to format them.  PM me if you have more questions.  I do not want to break posting rules.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #6,054 of 6,795

FAT32 or exFAT both work fine, I think FAT32 is only needed for the car you use to load new firmware.

Just use either Windows explorer or Mac Disk Utility to 'erase' and format the card to either format.  Makes no odds whether you choose to name the cards but I usually call them 'DX80 SD1 & SD2' just to make it easy to recognise them when I plug the DX80 in as a reader.

The only thing I have learned is DON'T trying and format them while having them in the DX80 as a card reader, always use a normal USB card reader, or an SD size adapter and plug directly to your computer if it has an SD card slot.  For some reason formatting a card via the DX80 seems dodgy.  I've tried it twice and both times it looked as it it had worked OK but when I disconnected the DX80 and scanned the card it became 'invisible' and I had to redo and reload all the content.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #6,055 of 6,795

FAT32 or exFAT both work fine, I think FAT32 is only needed for the car[d] you use to load new firmware.

Nope, exFAT for the card that the FW is on also works fine. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back