iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 28, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #5,986 of 6,795
  I read the instructions and still cannot get them to work.  Sorry still confused.

well, seeing as you're using an X5, and not the DX80....there might be an additional step to take. Google is your friend

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #5,988 of 6,795
Is this dap easy to make playlists spanning across 2 micro sd card for use.  I have a Fiio X5 and Fiio keeps lying a saying my X5 supports this when it does not.  I plan on getting a non Fiio dap.  They lost a customer for life.  I am throwing my X5 away.  What a waste of money.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #5,989 of 6,795
dear ibasso, just a small xmas request please, can the next firmware release include the function that allows users to scan OTG storage music files and add it into the library? I have a 128gb USB thumb drive that i carry around and connect to laptop / media centre pc / mobile phones / tv etc and it would be very nice if the dx80 can scan the OTG storage files. Thanks!

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #5,990 of 6,795

I have the file name of multi disc album songs as 1-01, 1-02 for disc 1 and 2-01 and 2-02 for disc to songs.  It is not tagged in the track title only the filename.  I tagged each disc in the metadata itself. as well.  Would this show up in order of track then disc or would it show up by file name like it does in category view on my Fiio X5?  That is one of my very few issues with my X5?

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #5,991 of 6,795
For the first time ever, the DX80 I have froze today after booting it up but worked fine after a reboot (except for that the next track automatically paused at the beginning at 0:00, however after that, everything worked fluently). I have no idea why it was caused, but the DX80 worked flawlessly after a reboot again.

I would say that this is really good and stable performance, considering that I have it in frequent use. I didn't experience any of the other issues mentioned so far, and only one freeze in one year of use is what I would call a really stable and well-programmed firmware.

Good job, iBasso guys! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #5,992 of 6,795
  The DX80 I have froze today after booting it up for the first time ever but worked fine after a reboot (except for that the next track automatically paused at the beginning at 0:00, however after that, everything worked fluently). I have no idea why it was caused, but the DX80 worked flawlessly after a reboot again.

I would say that this is really good and stable performance, considering that I have it in frequent use. I didn't experience any of the other issues mentioned so far, and only one freeze in one year of use is what I would call a really stable and well-programmed firmware.

Good job, iBasso guys! 
beerchug.gif

Mine went into a loop and would shut down. I contacted iBasso and they said to plug it into the USB of a computer. That was it. Weird. It was the only time it has every done that but the fix was so easy and fast that it doesn't bother me that it did it. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #5,993 of 6,795
I've had my DX80 for a couple of weeks now so I will share my experiences since this thread helped me so much. :grinning:

I purchased my device from B&H. The first arrived without the shrink wrap, a dented corner and missing accessories. The replacement had all the parts but was also missing the shrink wrap. I was visiting the USA so I didn't have time to deal with it anymore.

Fit and finish. I spent over four years of my life in China working in electronics manufacturing and I am now on the hardware side for a Telcom so I would say I am likely more detailed oriented than normal. Compared to other consumer electronics, I would only give this iBasso DX80 fit and finish a 7/10. There are too many places where tolerances are very far off.

Sound quality
I am replacing a smartphone so my only goal so far was to get a line out that was more use able for my Valhalla2 and new headphones.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #5,994 of 6,795
My DX80 almost totally failed and was sent back to seller for battery replacement or hopefully a brand new unit. 32% of battery life lost in 10 minutes, not keepin settings, one minute turning off time etc.

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #5,995 of 6,795
I've had my DX80 for a couple of weeks now so I will share my experiences since this thread helped me so much. :grinning:

I purchased my device from B&H. The first arrived without the shrink wrap, a dented corner and missing accessories. The replacement had all the parts but was also missing the shrink wrap. I was visiting the USA so I didn't have time to deal with it anymore.

Fit and finish. I spent over four years of my life in China working in electronics manufacturing and I am now on the hardware side for a Telcom so I would say I am likely more detailed oriented than normal. Compared to other consumer electronics, I would only give this iBasso DX80 fit and finish a 7/10. There are too many places where tolerances are very far off.

Sound quality
I am replacing a smartphone so my only goal so far was to get a line out that was more use able for my Valhalla2 and new headphones.

Can you please send me some straight on images of the problem? We have a strict QC on alignment and fit and finish. I recently looked at hundreds of DX80s and all were held to a very tight tolerance. My email address is: paul@ibasso.com
My DX80 almost totally failed and was sent back to seller for battery replacement or hopefully a brand new unit. 32% of battery life lost in 10 minutes, not keepin settings, one minute turning off time etc.

We will gladly replace your battery. We have been using batteries for some time now that should last a number of years. We have done extreme testing on these and found that a conditioned battery loses about 2 to 3 percent a month on a full charge and around 1% a month on a 80% charge.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #5,996 of 6,795
Anyone experiencing weird feedback/distortion/electronic pickups?  It may just be my end connector but whenever i am commuting into the city on bus i get some weird ass "farting" noises during the trip.  Intermittent.  Not sure if its the CB radio or something on the bus.  Everywhere else, nothing.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #5,997 of 6,795
  Anyone experiencing weird feedback/distortion/electronic pickups?  It may just be my end connector but whenever i am commuting into the city on bus i get some weird ass "farting" noises during the trip.  Intermittent.  Not sure if its the CB radio or something on the bus.  Everywhere else, nothing.

Do you have a smartphone or any other device with cellular/WiFi connection close to your DX80?

When I have my unit next to my Asus/Google Nexus (MKII) tablet, I can hear some weird noise too that is caused by the tablet's WiFi signal. The same goes for when I have it close to my iPhone, however this is a different kind of noise.

It doesn't bother me as this happens very rarely and only when I have both close to each other on my desk, however quite a few DAPs and mobile devices suffer from this and audio devices that are not affected by WiFi and cellular signal waves are rather the exception than the norm.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #5,998 of 6,795

Do you have a smartphone or any other device with cellular/WiFi connection close to your DX80?

When I have my unit next to my Asus/Google Nexus (MKII) tablet, I can hear some weird noise too that is caused by the tablet's WiFi signal. The same goes for when I have it close to my iPhone, however this is a different kind of noise.

It doesn't bother me as this happens very rarely and only when I have both close to each other on my desk, however quite a few DAPs and mobile devices suffer from this and audio devices that are not affected by WiFi and cellular signal waves are rather the exception than the norm.

I know the noise you are talking about and i do not think this sound is the same thing.  Its very bassy and i generally sleep on the bus.  Probably happens for 1-3 second clips and roughly 3-5 times during my 50 minute commute.  I'll have to mess around with keeping my smartphone close to the player when i am using it away from the bus and see if it is that.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #5,999 of 6,795
I get that quick intermittent noise on my train commute at a couple of stations (think it is the one with cellular masts) only when using my custom inears, doesn't happen if I have headphones on. Must be sensitivity

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #6,000 of 6,795

Can you please send me some straight on images of the problem? We have a strict QC on alignment and fit and finish. I recently looked at hundreds of DX80s and all were held to a very tight tolerance. My email address is: paul@ibasso.com

Mine also has an alignment issue for the card slots and USB port. For the cards, I can't close the flap completely, because if I do it presses on 1 of the cards and ejects it. The USB port isn't as bad anymore (so I assume it might have moved a bit with usage), but when I first got my DX80 it was incredibly difficult to remove the USB cable as it seems that those little "hooks" on the 1 side of the actual cable jack would catch on the DX80's body...so I'd have to unplug the cable just a bit, and then fully remove it at an angle. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back