iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Oct 18, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #5,659 of 6,795

It automatically stops playing when you pull out headphone!

Thank you.  Guess that means it's OK then?

Sure. Press pause (not even really necessary as the DX80 automatically pauses when the headphone is unplugged), unplug headphone A, plug headphone B in and press play.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5,660 of 6,795
Thank you.  Guess that means it's OK then?

Yes, no problem at all. As HiFiChris posted above the DX80 pauses with the headphones are disconnected. We also have the sockets manufactured to our specifications for a long life. They are not "off the shelf" sockets and made for long term use.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 18, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #5,661 of 6,795
  I'm thinking of getting a DAP to feed my home Schiit Valhalla 2.  I've been using my smartphones to-date, but with the recent purchase of the T1-2 and HD800S, I'm looking for something with a higher line-out power.   A few things are stopping me from buying it
  1. DX200 soon to come.  I'm not sure I need that much DAP though since it's just a player for FLAC with line-out
  2. DX80 battery concerns.  I've read online that many people have batteries that die very prematurely.  
  3. Album artist.  I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether or not the DX80 can sort music by album artist.

I'm wondering if anyone is using the DX80 as a line-out to feed a desktop amplifier.

I wouldn't worry about the DX200. You are getting a great DAC with the DX80, don't need to spend more on the DX200.

If you're using the DX80 at your desktop you can just leave it plugged in for the most part and don't need to worry. I've had my DX80 for about a year and have had no battery issues, though.

If I understand why you're asking about the album artist thing is it because you want an album that is "various artists" separated by each individual artist into their own folder with other songs they played on other albums? I don't know of any player that does this, but maybe the AK players do, but they are insanely expensive.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #5,664 of 6,795
Quick question on longevity. Seeing as the DX80 has been out for quite some time now...for how much longer does iBasso plan to support it? I'd hate to get one now, and then in a year's time if I need a battery replacement, am told that they don't support it anymore and don't have parts for it

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #5,665 of 6,795
Lost my DX80 (my daily driver) on the bus last week. 
mad.gif

I'm tempted to re-buy it, but I have the upgrade itch. Any suggestions on a good upgrade? I'm looking for $1000 USD or less, and interested in dual card slots, a balanced output, or generally anything in that price range that blows the DP80's sound out of the water (if it exists). Any suggestions besides the Onkyo player? I'm intrigued by the DP-X1, but a little concerned about the rumors of loose jacks. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #5,666 of 6,795
  Quick question on longevity. Seeing as the DX80 has been out for quite some time now...for how much longer does iBasso plan to support it? I'd hate to get one now, and then in a year's time if I need a battery replacement, am told that they don't support it anymore and don't have parts for it

+1

Oct 19, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #5,667 of 6,795
  @TheoS53

I'd just insert a different card and see whether it also occurs on the long run.

ok so it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. But not sure which change may have *fixed* it. I ormatted both cards to exfat (they were in f32), and swapped their places. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #5,668 of 6,795
No, it doesn't. Only very few players do unfortunately (from what I know Astell and Kern and Apple, but I'm not sure which other players do too).

It took me forever to find an Android music player that sorts by album artist. Oddly, the iPhone doesnt have an option for artist and only uses album artist (that I can see) and it seems so obvious.

I wonder why such an obviously useful feature doesn't exist.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #5,669 of 6,795
I wouldn't worry about the DX200. You are getting a great DAC with the DX80, don't need to spend more on the DX200.

If you're using the DX80 at your desktop you can just leave it plugged in for the most part and don't need to worry. I've had my DX80 for about a year and have had no battery issues, though.

If I understand why you're asking about the album artist thing is it because you want an album that is "various artists" separated by each individual artist into their own folder with other songs they played on other albums? I don't know of any player that does this, but maybe the AK players do, but they are insanely expensive.

The battery issue I'm referring to is people reporting that the device battery dies and doesn't hold a charge after only a few recycles.

On my Samsung S7E, when sorting by album artist, I will often get multiple entries for the same album by the same artist because different songs on the same album are performed by multiple artists. That's annoying when scrolling through an already long list.

I'm just starting looking at converting all my CDs to FLAC for my DAP purchase but can't find any easy to follow guides. If anyone knows of a dummies guide for getting FLAC files onto the DX80 I would appreciate it.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #5,670 of 6,795
Media Monkey or foobar are programs to rip cd's to flac, google search for free to use cd rippers, transfer the files as you would mp3's, using the usb cable or use an card adapter for your micro sd card and transfer your flac files from your pc to the card directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back