iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Aug 6, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #5,222 of 6,795
Some people also said same thing about xduoo x3.

Subjective is the perfect word in such situation !

Some people said the same thing about many daps. I used to enjoy my ipod classic for years before getting into the audiophile game, at that time it was my holy grail !

In the same way, the xduoo x3 might be the end game for some but just decent for others. I personally like every dap that sound close to the AK240 and that's my preference !

Your impressions rely on what you need and what you want :)

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #5,223 of 6,795
How did you managed to get the most out of it? I mean the fw and headphones you are pairing with this dap

It pairs extremely well with the Oppo PM-3, plenty of power for it. I don't think the FW matters that much, I've never had any problems. I'm still on 1.4.2 and it sounds great. Never had any issues besides a few null files.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #5,224 of 6,795
It pairs extremely well with the Oppo PM-3, plenty of power for it. I don't think the FW matters that much, I've never had any problems. I'm still on 1.4.2 and it sounds great. Never had any issues besides a few null files.

I use it occasionally with a PM3 as well but found better eargasm as a source for my whole Oppo desktop rig (HA1+PM1).

It also does a very very good job with the non expensive Shure SE215, I was blown away by the bass quality on fw 1.1.4

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #5,225 of 6,795
I use it occasionally with a PM3 as well but found better eargasm as a source for my whole Oppo desktop rig (HA1+PM1).

It also does a very very good job with the non expensive Shure SE215, I was blown away by the bass quality on fw 1.1.4

Yeah the SE215 has some exquisite bass, especially when amped well. Great for the money.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #5,227 of 6,795
I have the se215LTD and everyone is always saying how they don't have any bass,

Throw on some carnifex and we'll see about that

I don't know if the SE215LTD is bass light but my black SE215 is very bass heavy with the stock grey silicon tips. What is more wonderful about it is that the lows doesn't bleed into the mids which are awesome for the price. These iems sounds way better than my previous iems,the Dunu DN2000J that cost 3 times more

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #5,228 of 6,795
I got to try a Beta FW for the DX80 and as some of you probably know, I haven't had any problems regarding tags/database/crashes/cover art (the latter mainly because all of my cover arts (of my music CDs I have copied on my computer) are below 500 x 500 px), and I haven't faced any problems with the Beta FW either.
What I can report though is that the library scan speed has noticeably improved and the overall UI/sub-menus feel quicker and more responsive, too.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #5,229 of 6,795
  I got to try a Beta FW for the DX80 and as some of you probably know, I haven't had any problems regarding tags/database/crashes/cover art (the latter mainly because all of my cover arts (of my music CDs I have copied on my computer) are below 500 x 500 px), and I haven't faced any problems with the Beta FW either.
What I can report though is that the library scan speed has noticeably improved and the overall UI/sub-menus feel quicker and more responsive, too.

Sounds promising

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #5,231 of 6,795
HiFiChris Can we suggest the now playing scroll bar behaviour to be improved? In FW 1.2.1 we can click anyway on the scroll bar and the song would then jump to the new time without the need to drag the dot. 1.5.2 one need to drag the dot.

Also in Album, when we changed to thumbnails view then navigated to now playing then returned to Album, the player will then revert back to list view. It will be nice if it remembered the thumbnails view set previously.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #5,232 of 6,795
HiFiChris Can we suggest the now playing scroll bar behaviour to be improved? In FW 1.2.1 we can click anyway on the scroll bar and the song would then jump to the new time without the need to drag the dot. 1.5.2 one need to drag the dot.

Also in Album, when we changed to thumbnails view then navigated to now playing then returned to Album, the player will then revert back to list view. It will be nice if it remembered the thumbnails view set previously.

This is really annoying for me too as the dot is too small and not useful with big thumbs :blush:

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,233 of 6,795

Both things are still not too your liking in the Beta.

I guess Paul - iBasso could probably forward the suggestions to the software development team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back