iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #4,546 of 6,795
It's always been like this since I first bought it. Reinstall fw? Lol, that's what people do with ibasso daps, more than actually listening to music. I can't even remember how many firmwares I've gone through and the thing scans at startup every time.

Then send it in like they suggest. I just sent in an expensive piece of equipment yesterday, it happens. 

May 20, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,547 of 6,795
It's always been like this since I first bought it. Reinstall fw? Lol, that's what people do with ibasso daps, more than actually listening to music. I can't even remember how many firmwares I've gone through and the thing scans at startup every time.

Would it not be a simple check with Paul @ iBasso to see if you have the latest FW on your DX100? That way both of you get to prove your point. I really like the fact that they are willing to listen and work with you. Good luck.

May 20, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,548 of 6,795
I put another 40 GB of FLAC an DSF on my card. Had 2 null albums because they had their tags empty. 3 covers not showing up. So, I filled the tags and replaced the covers with JPG image about 400*400. All perfect now. Lurker0 1.4.2

Great player. Was worried of bugs but I had just one reboot and a stop playing in 2 weeks. All perfect scans.

It's a great player and great sound!

May 20, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #4,549 of 6,795

Keep banging your head on the wall and you'll see the same repeated result.  Take the bull by the horns and send it in for service....I think you'll be happy with the result. 

May 22, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,550 of 6,795
Checked some tags and I have most everything showing up (a couple of null still left). Not even my other players will show everything on my cards and they are clean. That goes for the Sony etc etc. Great sound and enjoying my T1 2nd generation straight out of the DX80. 

May 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4,552 of 6,795
I'm not giving these bozos anymore of my money. I don't trust them anyway.

Got my red nose on. I am sorry you are not happy. We would be happy to repair the DX100 but it is entirely up to you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 23, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #4,554 of 6,795
@Paul from iBasso:

Can you tell us when the next Firmware will be available? I´m still with 1.33 because 1.4* doesn´t scan my card complete and still under Folder Navigation there are files that won´t play.

Maybe you need to work it out with them. Because for most of the people it scans fine. It's impossible for software to take care of all possible situations, probably in your case it's something very specific.

I just got another 128 GB, two of these now. Let's see how it goes...Zero problems with scanning until now.

May 23, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #4,555 of 6,795
Maybe you need to work it out with them. Because for most of the people it scans fine. It's impossible for software to take care of all possible situations, probably in your case it's something very specific.

I just got another 128 GB, two of these now. Let's see how it goes...Zero problems with scanning until now.

No.. they need to work it out with new firmware. There are too many people that are having problems. I had zero problems for a long time and then all kinds of issues. Rebooting in the middle of songs, clicking, popping..and various other crap! There are LOTS of people with scan issues just in this thread alone. This unit was a nice step up from my Rockbox Ipod but lately the cons have been out weighing the pros. At least the Ipod worked. Paul has been patient and very good even with all the negativity and I dont blame him at all. I just cant swallow the fact that so many people have all kinds of issues and every DX80 tested at the factory works without glitches? Nahhh... if thats the case I would gladly swap my player for one that was tested and known to be working. I am sure many people in this thread would also do the same.

May 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #4,559 of 6,795
just curious anyone tried a dx80 and make it act as a dac for another dx80? anybody tried it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back