iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 19, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #4,534 of 6,795
If the DX100 experience was robust (may be little laggy but solid), it's fair to expect DX200 also will follow suit. What says? Although I feel I missed the boat on DX80, now it's fairly stable, it's not that much fun anymore, if you know what I am saying.

Sorry I meant this post in DX200 thread.

May 20, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #4,535 of 6,795
If the DX100 experience was robust (may be little laggy but solid), it's fair to expect DX200 also will follow suit. What says? Although I feel I missed the boat on DX80, now it's fairly stable, it's not that much fun anymore, if you know what I am saying.

Sorry I meant this post in DX200 thread.

That's not my experience with the Dx100. Stupid library scanning on every startup, large battery drain when turned off, and only a 5 hour battery life playing lossy on low gain. Not going to waste my money on Chinese gear anymore.

May 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #4,538 of 6,795
That's not my experience with the Dx100. Stupid library scanning on every startup, large battery drain when turned off, and only a 5 hour battery life playing lossy on low gain. Not going to waste my money on Chinese gear anymore.

You should have the DX100 serviced. We can have it off for quite a while with very little battery drain. Also it sounds like there needs to be a reinstall of the FW. Once the music is scanned the player does not rescan when turning the unit back on.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #4,539 of 6,795

You should have the DX100 serviced. We can have it off for quite a while with very little battery drain. Also it sounds like there needs to be a reinstall of the FW. Once the music is scanned the player does not rescan when turning the unit back on.

there is service after warranty is over? how much is the charge

May 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #4,540 of 6,795

there is service after warranty is over? how much is the charge

The end of a warranty period does not mean the end to service. It depends upon what is wrong but we always keep repair costs to a minimum. You can get service by emailing service@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 20, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #4,541 of 6,795
  The end of a warranty period does not mean the end to service. It depends upon what is wrong but we always keep repair costs to a minimum. You can get service by emailing service@ibasso.com.

thats nice of Ibasso!

May 20, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #4,542 of 6,795
I am really liking 1.4.2.  The transparency on the volume screen is great, for some reason having the track/album blocked when i adjusted the volume really bothered me.  It seems like such a stupid inconsequential thing and I can't explain under what circumstances it bothered me but it's way better now.

The older 1.3.whatever firmware definitely corrupted some tags on my files.  It's only a few and not a huge deal, but it definitely did it.

I did the factory reset when I installed, and I just happened to run across an album where the first track didn't get caught by the rescan for some reason.  The second track was marked track 1 and the album seemed otherwise normal.  Odd because all my files have track numbers.  I went to the folder the directory browser clicked the file to play it, it scanned the track and it now shows up with no issues.  I haven't noticed this on any other albums yet...if it's widespread it would be a significant problem, but from what I've seen so far it's not a big deal.

The new scrolling....I would have to say it's better.  I wish the scrolling worked like other android devices where you can control how far it scrolls by how fast you swipe, but the new system is definitely better, keeps you from getting too far away from anything.

Other than that everything is working great.  I don't use the equalizer so I can't comment on any of that.

May 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,543 of 6,795
the dx80 is really really good.
bought an ak100ii recently and expect it to be better but dx80 is holding its ground!

May 20, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #4,544 of 6,795
  Sorry, confused. Are you saying that
1) the tag must contain both Artist and Composer for DX80 to realize that  Artist is not null ?
2) you believe the above is not a FW bug and we should not complain to iBasso

For me it was that the player does not support the album artist tag.  All of my files are tagged well, but I had things like techno mix albums marked with the Album artist as the DJ, and then the individual tracks with the track artist.  It works awesome in foobar but causes problems on the DX80.

I swapped the two tags on all my files to fix this and have not had an issue since.  Not the ideal solution at all, but not a dealbreaker either.

May 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #4,545 of 6,795

It's always been like this since I first bought it. Reinstall fw? Lol, that's what people do with ibasso daps, more than actually listening to music. I can't even remember how many firmwares I've gone through and the thing scans at startup every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back