iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Mar 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #3,226 of 6,795
Ok, Pansonic hd10 arrived. Far less hiss and bg noise than re600-s iem. They 're 18ohm and 92 db/mw , and driven with ease by dx80.

I played with a silent flac track, and spotted a much greater bg noise with eq on. Just try!luckily I never use eq.
Another thing ,regarding UI:when I select Artist view, play some songs, then swipe right, it should start from latest artist,not firs in alphabetical order.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #3,227 of 6,795
I'd say, popping is firmware related & hissing is not.

Ah at least  the popping would hopefully get fixed.  It's rather uncomfortable when it happens on an IEM.

Would you all recommend waiting a little longer for the kinks to get worked out, or purchase now. I just tend to play hi-res full albums. I don't make playlists. I do want to avoid some of the bugs, like the popping or losing the last second of a song ect. It's between the DX80 & Fiio X5 g2.

16 hours in after I took it home and updated it to 1.3.3 L2 I personally have no problems with losing parts of songs.  I don't use playlists (I tend to listen to entire albums at a time rather than my own mix of songs) so I haven't encountered that bug.  The popping sound I just noticed while testing for hiss.  I also have had 1 forced restart (device restarted itself) while pressing the forward button quickly to skip through DSD tracks.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #3,228 of 6,795
As far as I am concerned, I had no problem updating the device with my 128 GB ExFAt. With a Phillips Fidelio L1 there is no hiss at all. I did hear a few times the popping sound, but I would say it's pretty rare. 

From time to time, when the DX80 has to skip from a FLAC to a DSD file, there is a slight slow down for just a second, but I'm globally really happy with the OS interface. 

Last, when I want to slide my finger on the time bar to advance in the song, sometimes it just doesn't work, I am the only one ? 

PS : About sound quality, the WOW effect came in after a few hours of burning in. Can't wait to make it to the 100/200 hrs ! 

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #3,232 of 6,795
The gapless on this thing isn't quite seamless.

From my POV, gapless in DX80 is just perfect. I listen mostly to vinyl rips by tracks, with many live and non-stop recordings, and experience no problems at all.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #3,233 of 6,795
From my POV, gapless in DX80 is just perfect. I listen mostly to vinyl rips by tracks, with many live and non-stop recordings, and experience no problems at all.

You're right in that technically there is no audible gap, but the timing of the transition is not quite right. There's also an audible glitch. It makes a big difference to dj mixed sets.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,234 of 6,795

I can't understand why when I turn on the equalizer, the volume seem to be quite lower, any one experience something similar or could explain it ? 

Thank you ! 

Also I have a bug to report on the FW 1.3.3 : when I double tap on the cover art, there are both mixed the "+" and "Artist" on the top left and the music info symbol mixed with "Never" on the top right. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #3,236 of 6,795
Probably known bug but I didn't notice it before: I just added a different sdcard2 and I wanted to scan everything from scatch so I did a factory reset and then tried to "rescan BOTH sdcards". It didn't work as intended, it only scanned sdcard1 and stopped there, everything was working and all the stuff from sdcard1 had been correctly scanned but couldn't go on scanning sdcard2 even re-issuing the command. A complete reboot fixed it but basically the feature "scan both cards" doesn't work.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #3,237 of 6,795
By the way, isn't it possible to implement a sort of feature that keeps the filesystem checked using md5 checksum on folders or tags like "authors" or "albums" (personally I beleive folders is best but what do I know)? I just forgot to edit an author name in my 128Gb card so it resulted as "null" in the artists list. Had to go on foobar, edit the tag, reimport the folder and then rescan the entire card. If there was some more advanced scanning feature or filesystem check I could have just rescanned that single folder or eventually launching a "scan card 1" could only scan things that actually changed since the last scan.

No rant intended, just my 2c :wink:

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #3,238 of 6,795
Ok, Pansonic hd10 arrived.

Sorry, I couldn't resist to create "this" for the lack of an "A" in Panasonic. 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Also I have a bug to report on the FW 1.3.3 : when I double tap on the cover art, there are both mixed the "+" and "Artist" on the top left and the music info symbol mixed with "Never" on the top right. 

I have experienced this only once or twice - fortunately disappeared after a reboot.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #3,240 of 6,795
  Would you all recommend waiting a little longer for the kinks to get worked out, or purchase now. I just tend to play hi-res full albums. I don't make playlists. I do want to avoid some of the bugs, like the popping or losing the last second of a song ect. It's between the DX80 & Fiio X5 g2.

it's purely based on luck, no matter either you gonna get it now or later. i had my unit sent for replacement, on the very first day i got it. currently loaning demo unit from my seller while waiting for my replacement unit, and it works almost perfectly (minus getting to top list instead of latest artist/album when i click on back icon as well as long scanning time). i had no issue with popping, inability to play hi res tracks or losing any part of any song. i didn't use the gapless setting though so can't comment on that.

in short, the bugs you might encounter vary across the unit you'll be getting. Best of luck. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back