iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Feb 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #2,851 of 6,795
She's naked with the mojo on the back? funny ... :)

I have the case on the dx80 just to protect the front side of the dx80 when I lay the dx80 down face down on the table. Ect.. How can I protect the face of the dx80 if I take off case? Please, anyone any ideas?

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #2,852 of 6,795
I have the case on the dx80 just to protect the front side of the dx80 when I lay the dx80 down face down on the table. Ect.. How can I protect the face of the dx80 if I take off case? Please, anyone any ideas?

Did you put on the screen protector?i think that will provide sufficient protection for the DX80...

Ps can't wait for the little baby from mojo and the dx80 :p

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #2,853 of 6,795
  So what is working better for the 128gb cards FAT32 or exFAT? 

I am using a Samsung 128GB exFAT with no problems so far (1.3.3 firmware version)

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #2,854 of 6,795
Paul, I read that maybe in next firmware will be implement possibility to play through folders, is there is any chance to add function playback folders randomly?I mean - I listen one folder and when it finished next folder is pick up randomly.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,856 of 6,795

Isn't it beautiful. Can't wait to try this badboy out.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,857 of 6,795

Isn't it beautiful. Can't wait to try this badboy out.

I understand everyone has their own idea of what is perfect.. But this really is a VERY good buy.. Not saying perfect.. Just saying that it's a phenomenal bargain for the SQ you're getting. The ergonomics are astounding. The new FW 1.3.3 is very close to being where it should be. Sure a few minor issues, but scan the forums.. EVERY player has some form of issue.. So it all boils down to what makes you happy.. This pretty much did it for me.. Offered a very analytical sound while still keeping some lively musicality to the sound signature.
I sincerely wish you the best with your new toy.

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,858 of 6,795
I understand everyone has their own idea of what is perfect.. But this really is a VERY good buy.. Not saying perfect.. Just saying that it's a phenomenal bargain for the SQ you're getting. The ergonomics are astounding. The new FW 1.3.3 is very close to being where it should be. Sure a few minor issues, but scan the forums.. EVERY player has some form of issue.. So it all boils down to what makes you happy.. This pretty much did it for me.. Offered a very analytical sound while still keeping some lively musicality to the sound signature.
I sincerely wish you the best with your new toy.

I really thought your comment was going to say what an idiot I am for purchasing it. I'm listening to this for the past hour, wow. This is my first hi-fi source and my god is this incredible. It completely makes music sound better. I am not good with the music lingo, but the words that come to mind are brighter, fuller, I can actually hear the instruments hour than drums and guitars. I'm hearing a tambourine on this SIA song. Maybe it's placebo, maybe it's the honeymoon phase, but so far I can't believe I ever considered my iPhone 6 a good "source".

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,859 of 6,795
I really thought your comment was going to say what an idiot I am for purchasing it. I'm listening to this for the past hour, wow. This is my first hi-fi source and my god is this incredible. It completely makes music sound better. I am not good with the music lingo, but the words that come to mind are brighter, fuller, I can actually hear the instruments hour than drums and guitars. I'm hearing a tambourine on this SIA song. Maybe it's placebo, maybe it's the honeymoon phase, but so far I can't believe I ever considered my iPhone 6 a good "source".

No, not at all.. This was a great buy on your behalf. The more I listen to other DAPs, the more I realize that this is better than I realized.. Sincerely, I've owned the Fiio X3ii, X5ii, Cowon Plenue D, and this player just rests on top of each (FOR MY EQUIPMENT AND PREFERENCES!) This is offers what I personally look for or shall I say, listen for in a DAP, yes, there are a few things I wish it could do, but that may become a reality at some point.. Remember this is a fairly new player so there are still changes being made.. And will continue having.. I just feel like it's the most future proof DAP that costs less than $500, Obviously, at $650 the Fiio X7 is the most future proof of all the players for the time being due to the modular amps, but that is Fiio's TOTL DAP, so it had to bring it's "A" game.. And it has shown by the results.. But for those of us looking for that Entry to Mid-Fi price point.. The DX80 makes for a very solid entry. I agree that if Touch screens are not your thing, the Fiio X5ii is a very good choice as well.. But at that point it boils down to personal preference. And as I stated earlier in Capital letters.. My ears and preferences and my equipment the DX80 is my favorite.
I too have the iPhone 6, but my problem is, I use it with the Fiio E12A.. Which makes it sound VERY good, with a VERY black background. However, with how good it sounds, still doesn't have the sound stage the DX80 offers. It's not that it's wider, it's simply due to the soundstage having better instrument placement and separation, more than likely due to better imaging and layering. Details are similar, but due to the better soundstage on the DX80, it makes them more easy to pick out. Yes, I love the DX80.. I did do a review on it, and honestly need to update it.. As I've found better ways of explaining my findings after owning it for a while, and my brain being "burned in".

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #2,860 of 6,795
No, not at all.. This was a great buy on your behalf. The more I listen to other DAPs, the more I realize that this is better than I realized.. Sincerely, I've owned the Fiio X3ii, X5ii, Cowon Plenue D, and this player just rests on top of each (FOR MY EQUIPMENT AND PREFERENCES!) This is offers what I personally look for or shall I say, listen for in a DAP, yes, there are a few things I wish it could do, but that may become a reality at some point.. Remember this is a fairly new player so there are still changes being made.. And will continue having.. I just feel like it's the most future proof DAP that costs less than $500, Obviously, at $650 the Fiio X7 is the most future proof of all the players for the time being due to the modular amps, but that is Fiio's TOTL DAP, so it had to bring it's "A" game.. And it has shown by the results.. But for those of us looking for that Entry to Mid-Fi price point.. The DX80 makes for a very solid entry. I agree that if Touch screens are not your thing, the Fiio X5ii is a very good choice as well.. But at that point it boils down to personal preference. And as I stated earlier in Capital letters.. My ears and preferences and my equipment the DX80 is my favorite.
I too have the iPhone 6, but my problem is, I use it with the Fiio E12A.. Which makes it sound VERY good, with a VERY black background. However, with how good it sounds, still doesn't have the sound stage the DX80 offers. It's not that it's wider, it's simply due to the soundstage having better instrument placement and separation, more than likely due to better imaging and layering. Details are similar, but due to the better soundstage on the DX80, it makes them more easy to pick out. Yes, I love the DX80.. I did do a review on it, and honestly need to update it.. As I've found better ways of explaining my findings after owning it for a while, and my brain being "burned in".

Sure thing, but I used to go with my phone as my primary source, sometimes with an AMP (FiiO E7) but I found it quite dull to pull out a log of instrument alongside my phone to 'just play music'. Soon I prefer to have a dedicated DAP just to make my life simpler. The paring is pure preferences and the afortbility of your wallet...

I can't withstand my half broken DX50 but I still yet to find a good deal to pull the trigger....

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #2,861 of 6,795

I agree completely. Like you, this was my first foray into a mid-level DAP (previous being a FiiO X1). I wasn't sure what to expect with a $350 player. I ordered with the understanding that unless it "blew my socks off" I was going to send it back. After only listening to it for a few minutes I was really impressed. Immediately noticed a huge improvement with the detail and soundstage. Yes, I then looked down and had to put my socks back on :)

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #2,862 of 6,795
Well, just ordered a dx80! I'm excited. Now to get rid of my X5 (first gen) and probably my DX50 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back